• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

Read, collect, and slab/grade what you like and don't worry about what others think.

ATTN: new collectors! the point of this thread is to DO NOT pay any heed to the poster of the above message who is attempting to mislead you into believing that you should collect comics and slab what you want and let others worry.

you would not take a brand new penny out of change and pay $20.00++ to have it NGC graded even if you loved that penny now would you ? of course not ,,, you would keep the penny and save $20.00++ same with a modern 1990 and above comics (drek)

You make some good points. Could you tell us which comic grading company to use for those comics deemed worthwhile? And why you would choose that one over the other grading companies? Please be specific when describing each company. Thank you.

So don't collect what they say to collect, collect what you say to collect.

no that's not what I am saying , collect and read all the moderns you want ... just don't waste $20.00++ on a slab, do you think beanie baby collectors from 15 years ago don't care one bit about the ones they spent $100 of dollars then that are worthless now even though they loved them at the time ?? I guarantee the do and they regret it big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW COLLECTORS BEWARE OF THE MISLEADING ADVISE FROM THESE CHATBOARD MEMBERS

I wonder if the concern is actually the lack of new blood in the GA market? I mean, the books are extremely nose bleed prices, and what connection is there to current books? Is Catman or Silver Streak relevant? Or maybe I should be chasing Green Lama and Black Terror comics? People collect what makes them feel nostalgic, or what they feel a connection with.

Nope. No one should be collecting Black Terror comics. NO ONE. If you have them liquidate them right now! Especially you, telerites.

But what if you really really REALLY loved that penny?

if you really really loved that penny you would buy a coin flip for ten cents and put it into it and if you really really loved that modern comic you bought a bag and board is all you need our if you really want to get fancy then a mylar is ok and not overly expensive

So don't collect what they say to collect, collect what you say to collect.

no that's not what I am saying , collect and read all the moderns you want ... just don't waste $20.00++ on a slab, do you think beanie baby collectors from 15 years ago don't care one bit about the ones they spent $100 of dollars then that are worthless now even though they loved them at the time ?? I guarantee the do and they regret it big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW COLLECTORS BEWARE OF THE MISLEADING ADVISE FROM THESE CHATBOARD MEMBERS

3003784.jpg