• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #59 - Case of Extra Staples...

8 posts in this topic

So, I was going through some of my ASM books and I came across this forgotten treasure I had in my collection.

asm59f_zps97afa9fd.jpg

asm59b_zps3ead4060.jpg

So, I decided to have a read through. When I got to the middle section...

centrefold_zps0e7d817b.jpg

So, my question is...Are these extra staples "suspect"? I bought the book a long time ago when I was not as thorough a collector as I am now. If I had seen those now, I would have passed on it as it is raising an eyebrow. Here are more looks:

centrefold2_zps4c6cf49c.jpg

top_zps13f14198.jpg

Bottom

bottom_zpsfc5ab814.jpg

Spine

spine1_zps464c1341.jpg

spine2_zps185348f5.jpg

What is the word? Something rotten in Denmark or are the extra staples just "one of those things"?

Only one set of staples is visible from the outside, which means the cover was stapled on after the interior was already stapled. Could be they just discovered when printing it that a batch was run without covers, so they redid the batch to add on the cover.

DiceX mentioned in the past that in cases where covers were not properly added during the regular production process had covers added manually after the fact.

These books are fine.