• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inhumans movie (un)offically official?
3 3

281 posts in this topic

Willing to bet that this won't even feature the royal family. It will probably revolve around a new group of Inhumans that may be led by Quake/Daisy. We will be lucky if we even get Karnak or Gorgon.

I'd be happy with at least Lockjaw.

Doesn't it explicitly say in the Marvel press release that it will feature the Royal Family, including Black Bolt? hm

Yep...didn't see that part...

First two episodes released in theaters, then the show on ABC, so essentially the movie bumped from movie-format and budget, to High-end serialized TV.

It's clearly a demotion, and linked to the Fiege/Marvel-TV break up.

It's an interesting format they are taking though, wonder if its possibly going to be ABC's attempt to do a more Netflix/HBO style production, high-budget, less-episodes, and not pegged into a prime-time slot.

I could definitely go for a Game-of-Thrones, Sunday Night, Inhumans type show. Even on ABC's network, family-friendly, could do very good things if they put together a high-quality cast of non-American actors.

Inhumans serialized and modeled after Vikings/Game of Thrones would be spectacular.

THE INHUMANS IMAX Release Date Revealed; More Details On ABC's Plans To "Event-ize" The Series

marvels_the_inhumans_0.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that the first two episodes of The Inhumans will debut in IMAX theaters on September 4th, 2017. It's set to be shown in over 1000 locations in 74 different countries, and the plan is for it to run for two weeks starting on Labor Day before it later reaches ABC (where additional footage will have been added to ensure fans decide to tune in and watch it all over again).

ABC Television Group president Ben Sherwood tells the trade that they're hoping to "event-ize" The Inhumans to help make it stand out in the always crowded Fall TV arena, and he seems pretty confident in its chances of success. "We think this is a quadruple win — a win for Imax, a win for Marvel, a win for ABC Studios and a win for ABC to launch a show in an innovative way and get attention.

Sweet, key is good actors, the less North American actors the better. An all England/Aussie cast please

Why? Nationalist much?

Well first off Nationalism is good....in fact great.

But in this case I am Canadian, not English or Australian. I am saying we want talented stage-type actors to make the quality as high as possible. Obviously NA produces this as well, but its a rarity, not the norm, here looks supersede talent 90% of the time. Hollywood does not recruit from theatre like England and Aus do.

Unknown, young, rising-stars coming from a stage background, making their big break. That's what will lead to the greatest success.

Edited by CBT

Marvel’s ‘The Inhumans’ TV Show Recruits ‘Iron Fist’ Showrunner

m7nLr3n.png

Iron Fist hasn’t even faced audiences yet, but the folks over at Marvel TV must be pretty happy with it because they’re officially re-teaming with showrunner Scott Buck for their upcoming ABC/IMAX collaboration, The Inhumans. Before Iron Fist, Buck served as showrunner on Dexter for the long-running Showtime series final three seasons and worked in various producer capacities on Rome, Six Feet Under, and The Oblongs.

Based on the beloved comic series created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the eight-episode series centered on a race of superpowered mutants will debut next fall in an unprecedented IMAX theatrical rollout before airing on ABC. IMAX CEO Greg Foster recently revealed that that the first two episodes of The Inhumans will feature about 80 minutes of content, and confirmed that they will debut exclusively in IMAX theaters across all territories on or around September 1st. The episodes will enjoy a two-week theatrical run before ABC premieres the first episode on September 26th. The plan is for the eight episodes of the series’ first season to run on consecutive Tuesdays.

Another IRON FIST Writer Boards Marvel's THE INHUMANS, LOCKJAW To Appear?

LxW9VeX.png

As production on the anticipated Marvel/IMAX joint begins, it seems we have yet another veteran writer from Marvel's growing stable, as Jessica Jones and Iron Fist's own Scott Reynolds hinted his involvement in the project on Instagram today.

It's worth noting that, while not a confirmation by any means, if he were involved in the writing of Inhumans, it would be odd to wear a Lockjaw pin if Lockjaw were not in the show itself. With IMAX's financing and the show promsing 'cinematic-level' visual effects, Lockjaw being in the show would certainly be a visual feat for both Marvel Televsion and the ABC Network.

25 minutes ago, Doc McCoy said:

Very cool!  Loved him in Hell on Wheels and will make a great counterbalance to the crazy brother.

So, I take it that the Inhumans TV show, which I thought was what Agents of SHIELD had basically covered off already, is a response to Fox moving forward with an X-Men TV show? They are both casting for the pilot at pretty much the same time. lol

18 minutes ago, kimik said:

So, I take it that the Inhumans TV show, which I thought was what Agents of SHIELD had basically covered off already, is a response to Fox moving forward with an X-Men TV show? They are both casting for the pilot at pretty much the same time. lol

And gobbling up some good actors in the process.

Depends on how far they are into filming the rest of this season. I don't expect a cameo by the Royal Family in this season, but I'd expect at least a mention of Attilan.

Of course there is still that Inhuman at the bottom of the ocean that is becoming something...