• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inhumans movie (un)offically official?
3 3

281 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, darkstar said:

The trailer for this show was released. I just watched it and posted about it here. As expected it looks bad. The promo material was already not a good sign. Suspicions confirmed. These types of shows simply do not have the effects budget to look good on television. If Enormous ever makes it to TV, it'll look bad too, guaranteed.

I typically don't stick around and harangue a show after deeming it not worth my time. It is quite odd that you are giving out this advice though, since your hate for Legion seemed to occupy quite a bit of your time and was worth posting about quite a bit...

Yes Legion absolutely sucked.  But I didn't hate it going in.  The previews looked intriguing and worth a look as well.  By the time the show started and got a few episodes in I realized I had been hoodwinked.   If you're already hating posters and trailers and clips, before the show even starts, then Yes, my advice stands.  (thumbsu

And Legion sucks.  

-J.

On 6/29/2017 at 10:14 AM, Comicopolis said:

It doesn't excite me like the Netflix Death Note trailer just did.

It seems like I seen this same story before about destiny somewhere.

Also it comes off as a little sterile for me at the beginning.

The best thing about the trailer is Lockjaw.

What they should have done was show Medusa and her hair doing things, and Gorgon and Triton.

They impression I get is it will be one of those talky tv shows.

Conclusion from the trailer is flip your Fantastic Four #45s quick.

:smile:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Inhumans were some of my favourites characters and storylines.

This trailer just killed it for me, looks absolute trash, casting is terrible, Medusa is ugly, weak, she goes head to head with the FF and is being subdued by two men.

Maximus, hah, I liked him in Game of Thrones, but this is bad casting again, he looks like a little boy, should have had someone older, more menacing.

I'm think our FF 45's might be dropping down in value now :-(

1 hour ago, herc2000 said:

I'm think our FF 45's might be dropping down in value now :-(

On 6/30/2017 at 0:54 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Conclusion from the trailer is flip your Fantastic Four #45s quick.

I hate how much a movie impacts the value of a book (both increase and decrease in value).  FF #45 is a great book no matter how bad this movie/show might be.

But that trailer is hideous...:sick:.  I don't even consider this a movie.  I think of it as a TV show put on a big screen.

The Inhumans’ Lockjaw Makes His Comic-Con Debut

fTDL3j8.jpg

Over at the Marvel booth, a very popular newcomer is drawing a lot of attention. Lockjaw of The Inhumans is posing for pictures. The giant plush figure is part of a deal with Snapchat to unlock a special filter. There also appears to be a smaller, plush version at the show, as you can see in the image posted by Marvel. I want one of them!

The Inhumans will be premiering in IMAX theaters on September 1st, showing the first two episodes of the eight-episode series. Then it will make its television debut September 29th.

As the special effects continue to be polished, every subsequent trailer makes me think more and more this is going to be a super hero version of Game of Thrones.  There's never been anything attempted like that before in scope. It's ambitious, and will probably represent a pivot point in what we see going forward.  

-J.

Yeah, this looks bad. We may be hitting the oversaturation point with comic based TV shows faster than on the big screen if more of them turn out like this. AOS Season 1 looks better than what we have seen from the Inhumans so far. lol

And the reviews of the Pilot are going to start pouring out.

Marvel’s Inhumans: First Reaction Its Pilot Episode Surfaces & It's Brutal

Earlier today, reports surfaced that screeners for Marvel’s Inhumans went out to press. Screen-caps of its pilot episode floated around sites like Reddit, but it is Spoiler TV who has just shared its reaction to the miniseries. While the website cannot post a full review due to embargo restrictions, but Spoiler TV did post their “snap judgements.”

“Simply awful. I'm so disappointed since I generally love everything Marvel does. But this is absolutely terrible. The dialogue is atrocious. The fight sequences are shockingly choreographed. The sets (or more-so the obvious green-screen) aren't that crash hot either. It's only saving grace is Lockjaw who is adorable. As one of the few people that actually liked Iron Fist, I can easily say that this is Scott Buck's worst work yet.”

Overall Rating: 3.0/10.0

Fans will have to make their own decisions about Marvel’s Inhumans as its premiere date nears, but this first reaction preys upon plenty of pre-existing fears. Fans were vocal about their disdain for the show’s costumes, and trailers for the Marvel series failed to impress anyone with their CGI effects. Lockjaw’s adorable design did make tentative believers out of some, but it looks like not even a telekinetic dog can change the show’s fate.