• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

J. Scott Campbell Wolverine V4 Issue 1 Deadpool Mashup Variant Club

Blue Label: 8 copies

Yellow Label: 5 copies

Raw:2

Total: 15 copies

CGC Universal:

9.8 (W) Bill1 (page 1)

9.8 (W) Kryten (page 2)

9.8 (W) Jaydogrules (page 5)

9.8 (W) Jump_ace (page 36)

9.6 (W) Kryten (page 2)

9,8 (W) jreezy (page 50)

9.8 (W) 8802 (page 51)

9.6 (W) Globalsandlin (page 23 link)

CGC SIGNATURE SERIES

9.8 (W) snikt1988 (page 4) Signed by Len Wein and blotted out

9.8 (W) CostasA (page 20) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

9.6 (W) Kryten (page 2) Signed J. Scott Campbell and Stan Lee

9.6 (W) avalanche (page 1) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

9.6 (W) Deadpool (page 39) Signed by J. Scott Campbell

RAW:

Theamazing R.J.S. (page 5)

munster (page 24)

Edited by Snikt!1988

This is a nice cover, super limited variant only given out as some weird and controversial dealer incentive, drawn by one of the best working cover artists in the business right now and has the benefit of being a "#1" with a mash up of two of marvel's most popular characters. What's not to like about it? :cloud9: I would also be curious how the owners of these books who post came to acquire theirs.

-J.

39 in the census in 9.8, and 13 9.8 SS for a total of 52 in 9.8, none higher! I tend to look for books with less than 100 graded 9.8 or better, and in this case, you can be pretty sure not many more in 9.8 will turn up. I am never a SS fan, especially on a black book like this. I bought this one off of Ebay a few months after it was released for about $400, I think. Thought it was lot of money then, and I still do, but I think it would sell for more today.

39 in the census in 9.8, and 13 9.8 SS for a total of 52 in 9.8, none higher! I tend to look for books with less than 100 graded 9.8 or better, and in this case, you can be pretty sure not many more in 9.8 will turn up. I am never a SS fan, especially on a black book like this. I bought this one off of Ebay a few months after it was released for about $400, I think. Thought it was lot of money then, and I still do, but I think it would sell for more today.

It's about a $2k book now in a 9.8, so you did well. Literally only a few 9.8's come up for sale on ebay a year. People really seem to love this cover and collectors are holding onto them. (thumbs u

-J.

It really is a great cover (and expensive). I forgot to unload my 9.6 after upgrading to a 9.8 acquired from a board member. Oh well doh! . I enjoy them both and will try to post images later.

Cheers.

A 9.6 should go for between 1k-1,150.

By the way, pics or it didn't happen. :baiting:

-J.

After much wait and patience from everyone, here are the photos...

My first copy (from eBay I believe)

1zl9isw.jpg

which lead to me acquiring this from a board member (Brock of Columbia Comics)

ng7lkw.jpg

and finally this copy also from a board member (Diamonddave).

nz3fhv.jpg

I didn't mean to collect so many. Anyway, I enjoy them all even though the 9.8 has a scuff

Edited by Kryten

After much wait and patience from everyone, here are the photos...

My first copy (from eBay I believe)

1zl9isw.jpg

which lead to me acquiring this from a board member (Brock of Columbia Comics)

ng7lkw.jpg

and finally this copy also from a board member (Diamonddave).

nz3fhv.jpg

I didn't mean to collect so many. Anyway, I enjoy them all even though the 9.8 has a scuff

Wow wow wow that's what I call a super fan! (worship)

-J.

I got mine on ebay... I was watching it and as usual forgot to bid... Then one day the seller relisted it at 2am... I happened to see it(guess the buyer forgot to pay...) and I swooped it up.... Since then it has brought me plenty of joy... I messaged a guy listing a 9.8 asked why he ended the auction because he listed it at an astronomical price... He said he didn't mind keeping it anyhow... I'm keeping mine I was always about the covers and this one will forever stand out...

Edited by Snikt!1988

A CGC 9.8 just sold for 3k...

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=77&item=111473610182&rt=nc&print=all&si=kqv78Dyg7sTGbH4Sho9EZbd4jno%3D

This is the same seller that originally listed it for $3k, a few months back. I haven't seen more than one 9.8 offered every 10-12 months. Collectors are holding on to them with a death grip. That pitch black front cover makes it tough in a 9.8.

Looks like the Deadpool mania got him full price plus another $200 out of it.

Snikt, did yours come back a 9.8 SS?

-J.