• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

It blows my mind… how many comics(let alone modern ones) sell for 3k… just shows collectors with the cash want it too...

If people have the cash and they want something they will buy it, regardless if its moderns or silver age.

I collect silver, bronze, copper and moderns. I really should try to narrow my focus. lol

Is this cover Wolverine pretending to be Deadpool (I'm assuming this is the case since he has claws)? Deadpool pretending to be Wolverine? Does it have relevance to the story or were they just going for a cool image? Genuinely curious.

It is Wolverine in a Deadpool costume. Has nothing to do with nothing, but it IS cool.

+1

That's actually the sold listing. (thumbs u

-J.

My mistake. I was watching that item and received an eBay update this afternoon that it was relisted. Apparently not anymore. Interestingly, the PGX 10 SS is back up.

Link to the PGX one?

K.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261657702996?nav=SEARCH

This is my first time posting a link so apologies in advance if it does not work properly.

I don't doubt the signatures are real, but it appears as though PGX did not "witness" them. That being the case, I don't see how this book is a "10".

Seller may be better off selling it raw. In this case, I don't think the slab is doing it any favors, beyond simply being a method of protecting it.

-J.

If that pgx 10 was a cgc 9.8 he would've sold that book by now. lol

lol If that was a CGC 10 with no signatures that would possibly be up to a $10k book.

-J.

Based on.......?

Speculation/extrapolation based on the insane premiums people pay to have the "highest graded" copy of a book. Particularly a rare/highly sought one. Who knows, a 3X multiple over the 9.8 price may be conservative. (shrug)

-J.

If that pgx 10 was a cgc 9.8 he would've sold that book by now. lol

lol If that was a CGC 10 with no signatures that would possibly be up to a $10k book.

-J.

...and for the same price as the last 2 CGC 9.8's: (thumbs u

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=972&item=261657702996&rt=nc&print=all&si=Eu3Gin6kYLscJ6Y2R8Hokc34kDU%3D

Demand for this book seems relentless. This may be "The" modern book to own right now, as evidently even a copy in a PGX slab with un-witnessed signatures did not slow it down.

-J.