• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coolest (Given) Name in the Marvel Universe

Coolest Marvel Comic (Given) Name  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Coolest Marvel Comic (Given) Name

28 posts in this topic

Any jerk can make a fancy costume and come up with a cool nickname. Only a chosen few were given a cool name at birth. While the name Wolverine may make a would be villain their pants, no one is shaking when they hear the name James Howlett.

Who do you think has the coolest name in the Marvel Universe?

If you vote other, make your case for someone else.

There is no way you can grow up with the surname Von Doom and not be a super villain. What other career choices are open to you? Dr. Doom, OB/GYN? Doom Hyundai of Williamsburg?

Even if he were a man of the cloth, who would want to be an alter boy for Father Doom? :insane:

Scott Summers is a !

+1

They should have changed his name to James Howlett, that way the circle of douchery would have been complete.

There is no way you can grow up with the surname Von Doom and not be a super villain. What other career choices are open to you? Dr. Doom, OB/GYN? Doom Hyundai of Williamsburg?

Even if he were a man of the cloth, who would want to be an alter boy for Father Doom? :insane:

Actually Doom Hyundai of Williamsburg is probably only about five to ten years away from being a reality. You and I both know that.

lol

Actually Doom Hyundai of Williamsburg is probably only about five to ten years away from being a reality. You and I both know that.

"DOOM DEMANDS THAT YOU ENJOY A COMPLIMENTARY MASON JAR OF KOMBUCHA WITH EACH TEST DRIVE!"

How Peter Quill doesn't make this list is beyond me.

With those 2 names, you know he's going to be a.....well...you know.

Other glaring exclusions (at least in my book):

Cain Marko

Stephen Strange

Natasha Romanova screams bad-spoon spy.

Stephen Strange and Natasha Romanova failed to make the cut.

Peter Quill? meh.

Cain Marko would have been a good one though.

I guess the origin of why he was given that name (Peter Quill) is partially why i think it's pretty b.a.

I stick by my other choices. Here's my thinking:

1) "Hey, some dude is coming by the party later." "Great, a dude. Who cares?" "It's Stephen Strange".... "Oh. That could be some craziness".

2) "Hey, man. I have a date with this hot red head later. She's Russian."... "Oh?" "Yeah, Natasha Romanova"...... "She has GOT to be a hot spy or something.".... "No doubt".

3) "Hey everybody, ya know who you don't mess with, like ever?" ......."Cain Marko"....."Nuff said".

And....Just for fun:

"Sue storm is coming to dinner later."....."Meh, maybe she'll bring a whacky casserole."... "Yeah, probably. That Sue is a hoot!"