• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 CGC 5.5 on eBay yesterday

53 posts in this topic

It was definitely a scam. Got my money back from Paypal last Friday. They were great about it. The "seller" provided fake tracking info, that was one major indication it was a scam! Guy uploaded a UPS tracking # that showed item delivered to my town the day after I made the purchase. Problem was, the package originated from the wrong location, was signed for by someone named Jessica (not me!), was delivered to a "dock" (which my house does not have), and weighed 25 lbs! Ebay actually discovered that the account was hacked while my case was open. Made it pretty easy for them to rule in my favor.

It was definitely a scam. Got my money back from Paypal last Friday. They were great about it. The "seller" provided fake tracking info, that was one major indication it was a scam! Guy uploaded a UPS tracking # that showed item delivered to my town the day after I made the purchase. Problem was, the package originated from the wrong location, was signed for by someone named Jessica (not me!), was delivered to a "dock" (which my house does not have), and weighed 25 lbs! Ebay actually discovered that the account was hacked while my case was open. Made it pretty easy for them to rule in my favor.

Just throwing out an alternative scenario in case something similar has occurred to anyone here. What if this seller actually shipped this "slab" to you USPS 2 day priority with signature confirmation and you or someone signed for it at your residence, but after you open it, turns out there is in fact a spidie slab in there, but its Spider-man #15 (Todd MacFarlane run from 1990's) How much more difficult is the refund process now and burden of proof on the buyer?

Just throwing out an alternative scenario in case something similar has occurred to anyone here. What if this seller actually shipped this "slab" to you USPS 2 day priority with signature confirmation and you or someone signed for it at your residence, but after you open it, turns out there is in fact a spidie slab in there, but its Spider-man #15 (Todd MacFarlane run from 1990's) How much more difficult is the refund process now and burden of proof on the buyer?

I have a po box address and open high ticket items in front of postal workers. I was scammed one time but with the help of usps postal clerk as witness to my claim i received my insurance claim. If at a residence sign the package tgen open the bix in front if the postal wirker before he leaves

An entire thread could literally be dedicated to the weekly AF 15 scams. lol

-J.

+ 1

and who wants to start it and keep track? lol

Do some searching, there are already two very well known threads here, about eBay scams. Those should be posted in rather than here, they included a lot of excellent detective work by our great members.