• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2005 NEW YEAR'S COMIC COLLECTING RESOLUTIONS??

50 posts in this topic

HI ALL

pls post your CC resolutions- be they to acquire certain books, spend less $ on funny books, spend more $ on them, spend more time reading them........whatever they are..............post em

here are mine

to complete the key marvels in cgc 4.0 to 5.5.................jsut need about 6 more books but have the biggies already.thank god!!

to get to one of the big conventions................wizard world, san diego or new york!

Great question as this has literally been going through my head recently. I have a bad habit. I seem to buy even more than I sell. Being a flipper/collector, I use flipping profits to buy myself more books to keep, and to resell. But my problem has been that I've seen so many great deals (mostly on Ebay) that in sheer quantity, I have purchased more books than I have been selling (mostly due to time constraints). While the total dollar and resell value of my collection has gone up because of this, so has the mountains of white boxes that have been piling up in my home office.

So my resolution is to first off not buy any more comics with money NOT MADE from comics. No more credit, and no more paycheck money going into comics. I shall only use my flipping profits to purchase more books, and even that will be cut down to a minimum. I'd like to cut my collection by AT LEAST 50% in numbers while replenishing that quantity with much fewer, but higher dollar books.

I have some smaller resolutions, but what I just stated is probably the most important one to me as it is certainly business related. I need the discipline, man. I've had problems with that before, but in 2005 I grow up and learn a little self control. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

HI ALL

pls post your CC resolutions- be they to acquire certain books, spend less $ on funny books, spend more $ on them, spend more time reading them........whatever they are..............post em

here are mine

to complete the key marvels in cgc 4.0 to 5.5.................jsut need about 6 more books but have the biggies already.thank god!!

to get to one of the big conventions................wizard world, san diego or new york!

I vow, before God all-mighty, to concentrate my Comic Collecting Interests to (1) Timely's & (2) Marvel's from 1958 (Kirby/Ditko pre-hero monster books) to 1963 (pre-Marvel Logo) books.

I picked up a nice Hulk # 6 today (raw) F/VF ! cloud9.gif

My Christmas gift to me. acclaim.gif

I've had problems with that before, but in 2005 I grow up and learn a little self control. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

What is this "Self Control" you speak of ?!?

I wish to learn,.....Oh God, I wish to learn of this !!! makepoint.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I've had problems with that before, but in 2005 I grow up and learn a little self control. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

What is this "Self Control" you speak of ?!?

I wish to learn,.....Oh God, I wish to learn of this !!! makepoint.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I imagine that if you had self control to begin with, you'd never have become a collector? confused-smiley-013.gif

My goal is to continue collecting full runs of the titles on my (enormous) want list. Once I get the run complete, I want to sit down and read the full run, and get rid of the issues that I don't like/want.

And speaking of getting rid of issues, I also want to continue donating boxes of comics to Comics4Kids. I am soooooo grateful that organization is around to donate duplicates to, and I think what they do is great. Hooray for C4K!! smile.gif

In the midst of trying to get what I want, I also want to enjoy what I have. I've got this coming week off, and I hope to get through all the comics sitting on TOP of my eight long boxes so maybe I can start working my way through the boxes themselves. Oy vey. Good problem to have, though. smile.gif

Great thread.

I want to finish my 200-299 run of Thor. This would only leave me about 60 issues in the 100's to finish the entire ENTIRE THOR run yay.gif I recently finished the 300-502 part and am quickly knocking out the 200's. My LCS had a really nice 30 book lot of Thor come in and I was able to buy all of them from him. In fact, he actually even called me and let me have first crack at them.

I too also want to read more books. I like the idea of reading an entire run together at one time.

Next I would like to start saving money for a major key book. I would like to save up for a nice Avengers 1. CGC 6.0 will be fine with few creases. I will try to sell off some of my books that i dont really have an attachment to so I can start.

Wrap up ASM 75-current in NM/NM+. Couple keys like 101, 121 and 136 are all that'll stop me.

Also would like to grab a 9.0/9.2 37 and 49 which would give me 35-current in mostly 9.0+.

I'll continue filling other holes, but ASM will be my focus for at least the next 5 years.

To not buy anything more on Ebay until I start working again - okay, nothing that runs more than $50.

To organize the last year's worth of purchases stacked up on top of my boxes.

To finish reading the stack of Jonah Hex books I picked up last summer.

My collecting goal for 2005 is the same as it was for 2004. To buy enough high grade comics to fill up a long box. Last year I worked mainly on high grade DC Bronze horror books. 2005 will be mainly high grade DC silverage books. That's not to say that I won't buy other books, but my main concentration will be DC superhero stuff like the Atom, Hawkman, Green Lantern, Flash, B&B, Showcase, Batman, etc.