• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the Winners are!! Celebrating my 1,000th post with FREE STUFF!!

106 posts in this topic

I'm thankful for my job.

I grew up dyslexic and really struggled to read and write as a youngster. My dad got this crazy idea one day to buy me comics. A light went off and I fell in love with reading. I haven't stopped since and fell in love with literature.

I was also fortunate that my parents were able to get me the help I so desperately needed. They sent me to an incredible school called Jemicy designed and created to teach dyslexics in the MD area. It was an incredible place, but even more so it was run by some incredibly passionate educators.

Fast forward a few years, I ended up majoring in English with delusions of grandeur. Somehow I thought that I'd get in to print but somehow I missed the memo that print was dying.

I was reminded by my mother how badly I'd wanted to be a teacher prior to high school. I went back and got my masters in teaching and became a teacher.

I currently work in a low income area with one of the highest amount of students receiving assistance in the county and state. The students are a blast though and I couldn't imagine doing anything else.

Oh and great idea for 1000th post (thumbs u

We celebrated my Mothers birthday today. She'll be 83 tomorrow and we almost lost her seven years ago. For that, I am most thankful.

In closing, let me share one of the most profound thoughts I've ever come cross.

If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.

Meister Eckhart

I'm thankful that we live in a land of plenty, where we can prosper doing easy work, and have time to think about comics and movies, when other people in the world don't even have a safe place to call home.

I'm also thankful for my parents, who have always been there for me, supported me, and made me feel like I could risk everything in order to grow, and still have a place to go if thinks didn't work out.

What a great 1000th post (thumbs u

I am most thankful for getting to a point in my life where I realize that doing something as simple as going for a walk with my wife and daughter is as good as it gets and as good as it ever needs to get - the best things in life are free.

Cheers everyone!

Congrats on your 1,000 post, jhutton! :applause:

I'm thankful to be a part of a species that, even through war, most diseases, and the worst natural disasters that Mother Nature can evoke, the species still continues to grow & perservere...hopefully for many, many centuries. (thumbs u

There are thousands of things that I am thankful for. Maybe it isn't the most important, but it will always be in my mind.

I'm thankful for for having had a loving mother who took care of us all when my father passed away when I was just a little over a year old. We grew up poor, my mother did without a lot. But she made sure we got our 25 cent allowance every week. That and money I received for doing chores I was able to buy many 12centers back in the 60s.

Thanks Mom!