• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And the Winners are!! Celebrating my 1,000th post with FREE STUFF!!

106 posts in this topic

Like a broken record, family is what is all about. I have had a rough last few years coping with a divorce after nearly 20 years of marriage, my now ex-wife being diagnosed with cancer (and we have remained great friends even after the divorce), and our kiddo who will require some major surgery next summer. With all that said, I am thankful, we are still fighting and plugging away with love and support.

Oh and I'm thankful that Jason (and many others) have sold me some very cool books here. :)

That’s just a beutiful thing Jason! :whee:

I’m grateful for the gift of life, and for all the people God has put and puts on my path.

Yes, obviously for those who loved me most, but also for all others, on whose presence I might wonder about – no exclusion.

I'm thankful for my job.

I grew up dyslexic and really struggled to read and write as a youngster. My dad got this crazy idea one day to buy me comics. A light went off and I fell in love with reading. I haven't stopped since and fell in love with literature.

That’s wonderful: wouldn’t it have happened that some Spidey Super Stories were among them? :)

I'm thankful for how my children are coping/living.

Having gone through a nasty divorce many years ago, my fears were that my three daughters (young at the time) would end up emotionally scarred for life and exhibit behaviour problems.

However....

My oldest is happily living in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario with a full-time career, enjoying life.

My 2nd daughter graduated Grade 12 (Secondary School) in June with honours, and as valedictorian, and with several scholarships and financial awards.

She starts at Western University in London Ontario this week (five hours away), she's quite excited. She already found a part-time job down there.

My youngest daughter starts Grade 12 this week, her grades are quite high as well.

My 2nd wife and I had set up the two youngest girls in a two-bedroom apartment around the block from our house last year to get them accustomed to living on their own for their college/university years. One bedroom was mine and one was shared by them, they never knew what nights I would come over to sleep there!

So yes, I'm extremely thankful for their positive progress.

This year there have been many things to be thankful for,all the usual things like That I have a job during a very hard time in our economy,my wife whom I love and admire.The fact that I'm pulling through a very hard time with prostate cancer,but....

The one thing that has been truly a joy is becoming a foster parent to my two grandchildren, Nathaniel 4 and Steven 1.They are the light of my life,the reason I get up every day,the reason I work so hard to be a better person every chance I get.

Nathaniel

IMG00326-20101031-1745.jpg\

Steven

get-attachment10_zps654489e2.jpg

To top it off,by November my wife and I will be adopting them. :cloud9:

Nice gesture.

I am thankful for my wonderful wife, parents and friends.

I am also thankful to live in the US. With so much strife, disease and poverty rampant in many parts of the world it really puts things in perspective. Some problems aside, we live in a remarkable place.

Thankful that I'm not blind. When I blew up my hands my doctor told me most of the blast victims he sees are blind. I was looking up when the blast went off.