• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con Still a 3 day con, Sept. 25-27, 2015

398 posts in this topic

I will be doing Wizard Philly next year, but I'll be splitting a booth with a friend, and as I live all of 15 minutes from the show, overhead will be just about a non-issue.

Considering this show has become a bowling alley with spectators standing in their booths, profits will be the issue. lol

I should have kept Bedrock's name out of the post altogether, as if no board names are thrown around, it is easier to engage in intelligent debate on where the market is headed.

So because people disagree with you they're not intelligent debaters?

Murph's Comics had a good weekend at the show for the 2nd consecutive year. Sales were consistent. My friend set up with me and 1Cool joined us and put up a few books. Met many boardies and made some new friends. I was surprised to hear they chose Labor Day weekend for next year which means I will have to take a hiatus. I remember hearing all the groans when Megacon moved their date to Memorial Day. Hopefully Baltimore will not see any downturn.

It makes it the same weekend as Dragon Con, Toronto Fan Expo and I think also next years Salt Lake. A vendor thinks it might be because next year is an election year, and while that doesn't affect Toronto, it may affect the available weekends for spaces for the cons.

I more worry about artists making a decision between doing Baltimore and doing Toronto.

This year was the unusual one, Baltimore usually is the first weekend of September.

While true in the three previous years, none of those weekends were Labor Day weekend (which was the weekend before). In 2011 and years earlier the show was a two day show in August. I can't remember Baltimore falling on Labor Day weekend in a long time if ever.

We already signed up for same booths next year.

Our sales were above average (slightly down from last year) but very good overall

Even though the market will have crashed by then and no one will show up? lol

We already signed up for same booths next year.

Our sales were above average (slightly down from last year) but very good overall

Even though the market will have crashed by then and no one will show up? lol

The market better not crash before NC Comic con next month :sumo:

I got to have dinner with John Totleben.

So there.

Who is that?

Some guy.

That's awesome. I dropped by his booth right after he had gone up to a panel on Saturday. Sign said he'd be back. I kept stopping back by but I never saw him. Would've been cool to meet him.

I got to have dinner with John Totleben.

So there.

Who is that?

Some guy.

That's awesome. I dropped by his booth right after he had gone up to a panel on Saturday. Sign said he'd be back. I kept stopping back by but I never saw him. Would've been cool to meet him.

It was. I've met him several times since he started doing cons here and there again. I've made it a point to show up where he is. Not that I'm stalking him or anything. ;)

Almost have my ST #16-64 9.8 SS set done. Ok, so there are a few 9.6s. ;)

I will be doing Wizard Philly next year, but I'll be splitting a booth with a friend, and as I live all of 15 minutes from the show, overhead will be just about a non-issue.

Considering this show has become a bowling alley with spectators standing in their booths, profits will be the issue. lol

Yeah Roy, that is true but I'm confident I will gross between 3-5k, with half a booth.

I should have kept Bedrock's name out of the post altogether, as if no board names are thrown around, it is easier to engage in intelligent debate on where the market is headed.

So because people disagree with you they're not intelligent debaters?

Not at all.Using a boardie's name as a reference point effectively skewered intelligent debate on the marketplace, I think everyone who has posted in this thread is very astute, emotions got in the way of intelligent discussuon.

On a side note I got to see what many boardies look like after this years B-More show. It was nice putting a face to the name in most instances.
if only you knew who was sending texts doh!

On a side note I got to see what many boardies look like after this years B-More show. It was nice putting a face to the name in most instances.

:hi: It was great meeting you sir. Hope to see you at more shows in the future.

if only you knew who was sending texts doh!

I am still challenged when it comes to technology. I still try to type in MI1 when making a call.

:hi: It was great meeting you sir. Hope to see you at more shows in the future.

It was a blast Hector. Watching you guys run around showing off your on-site books was priceless. I need to get that type of enthusiasm and joy back myself.

Murph's Comics had a good weekend at the show for the 2nd consecutive year. Sales were consistent. My friend set up with me and 1Cool joined us and put up a few books. Met many boardies and made some new friends. I was surprised to hear they chose Labor Day weekend for next year which means I will have to take a hiatus. I remember hearing all the groans when Megacon moved their date to Memorial Day. Hopefully Baltimore will not see any downturn.

It makes it the same weekend as Dragon Con, Toronto Fan Expo and I think also next years Salt Lake. A vendor thinks it might be because next year is an election year, and while that doesn't affect Toronto, it may affect the available weekends for spaces for the cons.

I more worry about artists making a decision between doing Baltimore and doing Toronto.

This year was the unusual one, Baltimore usually is the first weekend of September.

While true in the three previous years, none of those weekends were Labor Day weekend (which was the weekend before). In 2011 and years earlier the show was a two day show in August. I can't remember Baltimore falling on Labor Day weekend in a long time if ever.

You have a point. I only went to a couple of the two day shows over the years, I just remembered them all being earlier than this year's show.

So did I meet you at this year's show? I came by looking for 1Cool but forgot that you were a member here, too.