• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con Still a 3 day con, Sept. 25-27, 2015

398 posts in this topic

It was my first time in Baltimore, reminded me a lot of the old Chicago cons. Lots of dealers, lots of creators, minimal celebs. I had a good time with the usual suspects and even met a couple of boardies I hadn't met before.

Overall it was a really good experience and I would definitely go back, though next year being only 2 weeks after WW Chicago makes it doubtful :(

Just got back in to Vancouver. This was my first Baltimore convention, which was special for me because my first ever SS facilitated submission was for that con.

Amazing selection of dealers who were all very friendly, and an even better creator lineup. Neal Adams and Bernie Wrightson were stars whose lines were tragically short, while the equally amazing Simonsons were a challenge to procure sigs from.

As some have mentioned, the artists at the show were really generous and provided excellent "bonus" sketches for cheap or free.

Sad that I was only able to very briefly catch up with Joey and Greggy and (I believe) Timmay, and I'm 98% sure I saw Baltimore Lauren walk by me.

I fully intend on returning next year, and next time make a much stronger effort to meet up with more boardies. As ridiculous as it sounds, since they made the con at the beginning of next September, I STILL won't be able to hit the bars with you guys. lol

I miss Hector

He's now my favourite Chicago area boardie

There are a ton of great Chicago board members but I definitely agree Hector is top notch. One of my favorite times at the Con was having dinner with Hector and Jason on Friday night. Great getting to know those two better although I was kind of a third wheel since Hector and Jason where starting up a full fledge bromance.