• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con Still a 3 day con, Sept. 25-27, 2015

398 posts in this topic

My feet hurt. Great selling show.

Which booth number are you? I've probably talked to you a couple times already and not know it was you. I don't see Flying Donut on the vendor list.

:takeit:

I have a very pressing need for 775 M2 Silver/Gold Bags mylites and fullbacks. I need a lot of them.

I will be manning the Cards, Comics, and Collectibles booth Friday, Saturday, and Sunday offering lots of goodies, but I need some bags. Badly. Hotflips? Anyone?

Oh - your in that massive center "booth". I'll stop over there this morning.

Wtf Jeff you are there? Here?

lol

No. :(

We'd be having dinner. ;)

Good. Was gonna wait on a birthday present to give you in ny, but I don't want to go now, so I'm gonna mail it to someone who is going, maybe dre, if he's home. I'm on my way home checking the boards when I fill up at gas stations

New Orleans is right around the corner. No need to mail it. :)

What a fun day Saturday. This was my first convention since high school and I had a blast. Got to meet my favorite cosmic writer/artist Jim Starlin, such a treat. He was very nice. Submitted my first CGC Signature Series after Mr. Starlin signed my IM #55. CGC staff were very professional for how busy they were, so kudos to them.

I didn't buy a ton, but did finish off my volume 1 Surfer run (yahoo!), and purchased the first app of the Silver Samurai as well as some other Daredevils (#182-184). Dealers were very welcoming and the attendees very patient and kind for how busy it got in the afternoon.

Overall, I'd totally go back next year. Cheers.

Submitted another 4 SS books this morning when they opened up again with a few more slots. That'll bring me to six total:

Lando #1 Variant, X-Factor #6, Lando #1 Variant, Death of Wolverine #1 Canada Variant, White Lantern Hawkeye Sketch, and Green Lantern 49 and 50.

Also picked up a couple high grade, but not to expensive books I was looking for including a few Ultimate Spider-Man #160 Variants (I want the whole set), Wolverine #8, some Renew Your Vows variants, and lots of pretty new blanks.

Hopefully I'll get them early afternoon tomorrow, but if I have to wait till the end, can't complain since I got all of my books that i was getting done in.

Met a few boardies, all great, while waiting in the line for on-site and had a great talk with Mike at the booth.

Did anyone else attend Mark Waid's Guest of Honor Spotlight? It was wonderfully fun. He was basically roasted and toasted simultaneously by Barry Kitson, JG Jones, Christy Blanch, Dean Haspiel, Bob Greenberger and Todd Dezago. It was only an hour but I would have gladly watch that group for three.

Overall, I gotta say it's been a solid show, my only complaint is that I didn't put enough money aside for this show because there are a lot of pretty Marvel Premiere #15 that are super reasonably priced. And a lot of Alias #1, saw one at almost every other booth.

It was great talking to you in line! Always nice to meet boardies at the shows! (thumbs u

Always a great show - nice to see the usual stack of boardies and kudos to CGC for their new onsite system; seemed like a lot more non-dealers were able to submit this year before it was cut off :thumbsup:

Yeah, they did a seriously great job with that :) They even reopened agains saturday and accepted another 100 books I think, about 5 per person. I was able to get 5 of my SS books and my sketch all done on-site.

Always a great show - nice to see the usual stack of boardies and kudos to CGC for their new onsite system; seemed like a lot more non-dealers were able to submit this year before it was cut off :thumbsup:

Good to finally meet you as i thought you were going to be an old man.

Don't know whether I should be flattered or offended :lol:

lol

Was at the CGC Booth at 1:15 Friday with my first ever CGC submissions. Picked them up today at 2:30. The staffers at the booth and the customer service reps I phoned earlier were very friendly and helpful. Thank you CGC.

The show was amazing. What a selection of comics!

I wanted to thank all the boardies who I met and so many who made several purchases.

My entire booth was sold today early in the morning, which I am very pleased about.

As always, Baltimore remains my favorite show, not for the comic dealing etc., but rather for the friends I get to meet and hang with.

I was worried about inventory for next year, but should be picking up two new large collections in the next couple weeks!

Great show this year.

The selection of books from the dealers this year was incredible.

Got to see a lot of old friends and meet some new boardies too.

I even found some great books and deals today. (:

Looking forward to next year already. :banana:

I wanted to thank all the boardies who I met and so many who made several purchases.

My entire booth was sold today early in the morning, which I am very pleased about.

As always, Baltimore remains my favorite show, not for the comic dealing etc., but rather for the friends I get to meet and hang with.

I was worried about inventory for next year, but should be picking up two new large collections in the next couple weeks!

Wow - someone bought your entire booth? Congrats!

Just finished the long drive home from Baltimore.

Saw Gator again and met 1Cool and a couple other boardies for the first time. I also talked to a lot of familiar faces at the CGC booth but not sure which of them are on the boards or not.

Last year was my first time at this Con.

I had a lot of CGC submissions and was scrambling at the last minute to figure out which books I could get signed.

This year I went in with a plan and ended up submitting roughly 100 books and getting all of them signed. In addition to some of people that signed books for me last year, I met a lot of great writers and artists for the first time including Starlin, Wolfson. Wrightson, Palmer. and Sebastian. A couple artists even included remarks with their signature.

Almost all of my shopping for additional books was within the last couple hours today.

Zapp was cleaned out of wall books by the time I got there but they still had some nice silver age books left. Also got books from Larry's Comics. Third Eye Comics, and Graphitti Designs. I wanted to shop more but was too tired to get excited about it.

Accomplished pretty much everything I set out to do thanks to the efforts folks in the CGC booth and the people nice enough to sign my books. Now I get two weeks to recover before NYCC.

Always enjoy hanging and talking with all the boardies and friends. Makes the cons special. Appreciate all that looked at books and super appreciate all the purchase. I've already paid for next years show!