• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supergirl TV Series...

24 posts in this topic

:shrug:

I had read this somewhere can't remember where

It was posted under the 'Arrow' thread because a few forumites were bummed out that this will not be on CW. But it was CW that turned it down - not DC/Warner.

And I agree. 'Smallville' proved over ten (10) years you don't have to call a show by a character's name to deliver a winner. With the right casting, -script and production crew, the superhero magic comes together. Christopher Reeve even said how impressed he was with the show before his death. And it rated high with the 12 to 34 year old crowd (CW's core focus).

Hopefully, this show can deliver in a way that works for female and male viewers. And also young to older viewers.

i think the reason why CW past on the show was they were risking a lot with the flash since it's CGI heavy and they want the flash to be able to stand on it's own first before jumping into another CGI heavy show.

better question would be which network would take supergirl or which would pony up the money to make it a awesome show.

Action/fantasy shows on network TV haven't done well long term outside Star Trek, have they? There's Buffy and a couple other examples, I'd say best case scenario a superhero show is good for five years, the first two years being it's peak.

w/RE to Jessica Alba. A bit too old (33?).

Haden Panettiere might be a stretch (25),but I'd watch her in a skin tight outfit.

-T

hayden-panettiere-18a.jpg

Sure but then they would have to do that Tom Cruise thing where they would have to make her look taller.

So it turns out this series has not even been shopped around to the networks yet. So how could the CW turn it down already?

Greg Berlanti CONFIRMS That A SUPERGIRL TV Series Is Indeed On The Way

-------------------

It was later revealed that he actually has no involvement, and that it will instead be Greg Berlanti (who executive produces Arrow and The Flash) steering the series, and joining him will be writer Ali Adler (No Ordinary Family). When Comic Book Resources caught up with the former at PaleyFest 2014, Berlanti confirmed that a Supergirl series is in development, and while he couldn't give away any specifics, "We're just starting to work on it. We haven't gone to the networks yet, so. I'll be happy, very excited to talk about it once we know where its home will be and that kind of stuff, but not at this moment."

-------------------