• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BATMAN #404 "YEAR ONE"

31 posts in this topic

Prices have definitely jumped already on this book. Slabbed 9.8's were going for $50 about 1 year ago, now they are up around $150. Thing is, I'm sure the print run on this book is high considering all the pub Miller writing Batman would receive back then. There are a lot of copies out there...

Prices have definitely jumped already on this book. Slabbed 9.8's were going for $50 about 1 year ago, now they are up around $150. Thing is, I'm sure the print run on this book is high considering all the pub Miller writing Batman would receive back then. There are a lot of copies out there...

The print runs are higher than what Bats was selling at the time, especially coming off of the extremely successful DK, but they paled in comparison to print runs from 1989-1990, at the height of Batmania.

But Year One is, without a doubt, the greatest origin story ever published.

Picked up this series of four that I was not familiar with a few years back.

Almost forgot I had them until the promotion for GOTHAM began.

14996933580_bb4fe07915.jpg

mm

One of my favorite Copper Age story arcs. I still have my entire off-the-shelf series when these came out.

:cloud9:

The print runs are higher than what Bats was selling at the time, especially coming off of the extremely successful DK, but they paled in comparison to print runs from 1989-1990, at the height of Batmania.

I liked it , though it's a shame Frank Miller didn't do his homework 2c

a few months ago i couldn't sell these for a fraction of what they had been going for a few years ago. honestly i think i had a pretty nice copy up for sale here for like $8-$9 with no takers. nice to see they picked up.

Whats with the different colors on some copies of 404? If you look, some have different colors on the body laying in front of "lil Wayne": ( :grin: )

Very good question. I've always been curious about this book. There are easily 4 different color differences that are noticeable on this book. The full green color suit on young Bruce Wayne is this most striking as its obviously supposed to be brown. How this many color variances happened in a single run has always baffled me.