• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP! - Silver Age Comic Theft! or Guardians of the Comic Realm I Call on Thee!

150 posts in this topic

I had some checks stolen as well and the bank tellers remember this guy to a degree. He's white, medium build, brown hair, in his late twenties to early forties.

Hi Chad,

I keep hoping your next post will be the one where the crook is found and the books recovered. Keep doing what you're doing now. Sounds like this crime is restricted to a reasonable distance from you & the thief is not very clever, cashing stolen checks in your local vicinity. makepoint.gif

Keep contacting as many used book, magazine and comic shops as you can find within a reasonable distance from you. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks FM and thanks to everyone who's keeping an eye out for my books. If anyone buys an AMS #50 CGC'd at 9.4 please check the serial number to see if it matches my stolen book. If it does then get me a name, number and address and I'll get the cops involved or Nerf and I can go visit this guy at his house. devil.gif

I haven't heard anything from anyone. It's as if the books have been transported to another dimension along with the "other white sock" I can never find.

I've been scanning ebay, pedigree, comiclink and have saturated my LCS with information and descriptions.

If anyone see's anything suspcious drop me a line. For any of you new guys the serial numbered books, grades and issues are listed earlier in this thread.

I'M NOT GIVING UP!

Well, well, well. It appears that there has been a break in the case. Today I received a call from my LCS and guess what there was a guy standing before the owner of the store (Who is a friend of mine) holding my CGC'd comics. Yes, that's right he didn't even crack them out of the slabs and the serial numbers are a perfect match..

Here's the good part. One of the owners began negotiating to buy the books while the other owner went in the back room and called the cops.

After stalling as long as he could they offered him a deal that he accepted and then asked for his name, address and phone number so he could write the check. My friend then placed the books behind the counter and before signing the check told the guy that these books had been stolen and that the police were on the way. He told the thief that he was welcome to stay and discuss it with the cops but after mumbling something about "you'll hear from my lawyer" he beat it out of the store in less than a couple of minutes. The guys then got his car make, his license plate and waited for the police. The officer got there and ran his name, tag and address and it ALL matched up. I'm traveling out of town but I will be contacting the detective who is working my case tomorrow and I'm going to break it off in this guy as far as I can. He's got breaking and entering, burglary and check forging to answer for.

I'm not sure guys but I believe it's the bug man as I always suspected! but I will confirm this once I'm back in Memphis.

Yes, life is good, justice will be served and at the very least I know I'm going to get some of my books back including my AMS #50 - 9.4! Wahoo!!!!! grin.gif

I thought many of you would like to hear this and I will keep everyone posted as to how this all goes down.

Oh and one more thing - Nerf, if you still want to come to Memphis and punk this guy with me your invited. I'll bring the pillow case and the bars of soap and we'll give this guy the full metal jacket treatment.

More to Follow!

Oh and a final quote "never undrestimate the power of stupidity" - Bullet tooth tony - from the major motion picture Snatch 27_laughing.gif

Chad