• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T.J. Powell (Lebowski) Fundraiser

461 posts in this topic

Here's a way to turn a $2.99 donation into a $29.99 one.

Here's the deal; bid the minimum $2.99 on this lot of Avenger's drek my son has listed on ebay and I will donate 10 times the amount to the paypal account set up for TJ's family, up to a maximum of $100.

The other catch is the boardie has to win the auction - so it'll perhaps motivate others to bid the number up.

If the bidding reaches the maximum matching-dollar amount - $10 - I'll donate $100. If it goes higher than $10, I'll add the difference to the total. So if it sells for $20, I donate $110.

I'm doing this to raise the spirits of a son who's having a bad time finding work. I think it'd be a boost to his morale to have someone bid on his books.

Like I said in an earlier thread, I didn't know TJ, but from what I've heard of him he was close to the age my son is and maybe was struggling with some of the things he is, I don't know.

But I want to do this to help both his family and my son.

If it does't fly, what the heck I tried.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=21&Number=8042456&Searchpage=1&Main=355056&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post8042456

A chance to help two people at once? Bid in.

Wonderful :acclaim: And you might be surprised by what is in the box when you get it :whistle:

And please no telling the seller - if you win, just pay for the item and it'll be between us. :gossip:

I'm in. :applause:

Arrgh. Outbid! Let's try that again.

They're MINE I tell you, MINE!!! angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

I am in on this one ebay I'd (ellensclassics)

Punishment bid placed. :devil:

petept1

Here's the deal; bid the minimum $2.99 on this lot of Avenger's drek my son has listed on ebay and I will donate 10 times the amount to the paypal account set up for TJ's family, up to a maximum of $100.

The other catch is the boardie has to win the auction - so it'll perhaps motivate others to bid the number up.

If the bidding reaches the maximum matching-dollar amount - $10 - I'll donate $100. If it goes higher than $10, I'll add the difference to the total. So if it sells for $20, I donate $110.

I'm doing this to raise the spirits of a son who's having a bad time finding work. I think it'd be a boost to his morale to have someone bid on his books.

Like I said in an earlier thread, I didn't know TJ, but from what I've heard of him he was close to the age my son is and maybe was struggling with some of the things he is, I don't know.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=21&Number=8042456&Searchpage=1&Main=355056&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post8042456

Wonderful :acclaim: And you might be surprised by what is in the box when you get it :whistle:

And please no telling the seller - if you win, just pay for the item and it'll be between us. :gossip:

Bid placed! Good luck suckas!

Until later on when your son says, "Dad, we need to track down more of these dreck Avengers. We made a killing with that listing."

:o

:ohnoez:

lol I was thinking the same thing. Or "Dad, can I list some of your books on ebay right away? I got some live ones here!"

Bid placed! Good luck suckas!

I'm the 0 bidder. Auction is not being shilled lol

petept1

Back yo me, this is fun

petept1

Back yo me, this is fun

So much for the fun, I'm out

I did not know Lebowski nor do I believe I ever had the chance to chat with him. Sad what happened. :(

don't have any books to auction off except this one.

tec 39 8.5 ® MP - 3rd highest graded copy.

asking 1600. 10% will be pledged to the fundraiser.

time payments.

1602141911211.jpg

Someone buy this before I get myself in trouble :eek:

petept1

No kidding - I have a feeling I am going to pay for this one lol

My son is totally perplexed as to why the lot he couldn't give away is like $50 now.

I did not know Lebowski nor do I believe I ever had the chance to chat with him. Sad what happened. :(

don't have any books to auction off except this one.

tec 39 8.5 ® MP - 3rd highest graded copy.

asking 1600. 10% will be pledged to the fundraiser.

time payments.

1602141911211.jpg

Someone buy this before I get myself in trouble :eek:

giphy.gif

petept1

Back yo me, this is fun

So much for the fun, I'm out

Good advice - :applause:

Until later on when your son says, "Dad, we need to track down more of these dreck Avengers. We made a killing with that listing."

:o

:ohnoez:

lol I was thinking the same thing. Or "Dad, can I list some of your books on ebay right away? I got some live ones here!"

I guess I underestimated the exuberance of this board - I'm probably going to have to come clean about it - but the effect was achieved - it raised his spirits a LOT. Thanks to you folks.

As soon as the auction ends, I will send Sha the donation :applause:

:bump:

Reduced prices to encourage participation.

Just in case anyone is looking for smaller options to offer assistance, please give these a review.

Deathmate 1-6, from Valiant and Image Comics (SET B)

This contains the 1st appearance of Gen13, created by Jim Lee and Brandon Choi. These are my OO books, and all are 9.6-9.8 and bagged/boarded.

$20 $18, including USA shipping (100% to TJ's family).

:news:Deathmate SET A sold to woregul :news:

th_Deathmate_Set_zps6314c238.jpg

Hardcover and TPB bundle

HC books are in excellent shape; KC is well read

- Dan Dare, by Garth Ennis and Gary Erskine

- Ultimatum (Fantastic Four, X-Men), by Coleite, Pokaski, Kirkham, Brooks, and Panosian

- Kingdom Come, by Mark Waid and Alex Ross

$18 $15 shipped, including USA shipping (100% to TJ's family)

th_TJ_Sale002_zps47da1646.jpg