• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T.J. Powell (Lebowski) Fundraiser

461 posts in this topic

Let's all remember to hug our loved ones while you still can.

Here are some late 1940s funny books that will hopefully help someone smile and help TJ's family too.

Walt Disney Comics and Stories #88 (1st Gladstone Gander), #90, #93, and #126.

Books are reader copies with staining on the bottom from water damage. A lot of little defects on these (#88 has tape on the interior spin, staple rust, etc.) but all are complete and readable.

50 dollars shipped to the US only - All proceeds go to the family. That is well below OSPG in GD. I will cover shipping and mail out after payment confirmation.

IMG_zpsecf58cb2.jpg

IMG_0001_zpsb7a8b9f4.jpg

IMG_0002_zps953ffdfe.jpg

IMG_0003_zps4be5cae6.jpg

Let's get the family a bit more - You call your price, anything you want, you don't even have to post it in the thread. Just claim the books and PM bosco, slackjaw, and skypinkblu with how much you are donating and I will cover priority shipping to you.

Just in case anyone is looking for smaller options to offer assistance, please give these a review.

Deathmate 1-6, from Valiant and Image Comics (SET B)

This contains the 1st appearance of Gen13, created by Jim Lee and Brandon Choi. These are my OO books, and all are 9.6-9.8 and bagged/boarded.

$20, including USA shipping (100% to TJ's family).

:news:Deathmate SET A sold to woregul :news:

th_Deathmate_Set_zps6314c238.jpg

Hardcover and TPB bundle

HC books are in excellent shape; KC is well read

- Dan Dare, by Garth Ennis and Gary Erskine

- Ultimatum (Fantastic Four, X-Men), by Coleite, Pokaski, Kirkham, Brooks, and Panosian

- Kingdom Come, by Mark Waid and Alex Ross

$18 shipped, including USA shipping (100% to TJ's family)

th_TJ_Sale002_zps47da1646.jpg

Hardcover and TPB bundle :takeit: @ $25

Let's get these sold!

Just in case anyone is looking for smaller options to offer assistance, please give these a review.

Deathmate 1-6, from Valiant and Image Comics (SET B)

This contains the 1st appearance of Gen13, created by Jim Lee and Brandon Choi. These are my OO books, and all are 9.6-9.8 and bagged/boarded.

$20, including USA shipping (100% to TJ's family).

:news:Deathmate SET A sold to woregul :news:

th_Deathmate_Set_zps6314c238.jpg

Hardcover and TPB bundle

HC books are in excellent shape; KC is well read

- Dan Dare, by Garth Ennis and Gary Erskine

- Ultimatum (Fantastic Four, X-Men), by Coleite, Pokaski, Kirkham, Brooks, and Panosian

- Kingdom Come, by Mark Waid and Alex Ross

$18 shipped, including USA shipping (100% to TJ's family)

th_TJ_Sale002_zps47da1646.jpg

Hardcover and TPB bundle :takeit: @ $25

Let's get these sold!

Thank you.

(worship)

:takeit: what an inspiring thread folks (thumbs u

Here are some late 1940s funny books that will hopefully help someone smile and help TJ's family too.

Books are reader copies with staining on the bottom from water damage. A lot of little defects on these (#88 has tape on the interior spin, staple rust, etc.) but all are complete and readable.

50 dollars shipped to the US only - All proceeds go to the family. That is well below OSPG in GD. I will cover shipping and mail out after payment confirmation.

IMG_zpsecf58cb2.jpg

IMG_0001_zpsb7a8b9f4.jpg

IMG_0002_zps953ffdfe.jpg

IMG_0003_zps4be5cae6.jpg

I didn't want to post this before I got permission, but Foolkiller pmed me last night and asked what was still needed. He is going to donate $1,000.00. (worship)(worship)(worship) and I wanted to thank him on the thread.

I'm still totalling but this and Bob's contribution :foryou:(worship)(worship) is going to put us at our goal. We might even be a little bit over (not that is a bad thing;)

Chris will post something later, but Fantastic job everyone!

I'm amazed and not amazed each time we do one of these things. Amazed at how fast and wonderfully everyone gets together ...but not amazed because I know how special you all are. :foryou:

Amazing. Times like this bring out the best of this place. (worship)

:takeit: what an inspiring thread folks (thumbs u

IMG_zpsecf58cb2.jpg

IMG_0001_zpsb7a8b9f4.jpg

IMG_0002_zps953ffdfe.jpg

IMG_0003_zps4be5cae6.jpg

^^

:applause::acclaim::foryou:(worship)

After everyone's very kind offer of assistance to help TJ's family through a tough time, we are very happy to announce once all payments have been received this fundraiser has exceeded our original goal. The joy we have brought to the family is beyond words. To everyone that helped achieve this goal, we wish to thank you on behalf of the family.

At this point, we are going to close the thread down. If you have not received an invoice yet, please contact either skypinkblu, EvilAsh, Bosco685 or myself and we will take care of this.

Chris

:applause:

After everyone's very kind offer of assistance to help TJ's family through a tough time, we are very happy to announce once all payments have been received this fundraiser has exceeded our original goal. The joy we have brought to the family is beyond words. To everyone that helped achieve this goal, we wish to thank you on behalf of the family.

At this point, we are going to close the thread down. If you have not received an invoice yet, please contact either skypinkblu, EvilAsh, Bosco685 or myself and we will take care of this.

Chris

Great news! Peace to TJ's family :foryou:

This is what we have so far.

$9608 in Paypal

$744 in Paypal Pending payments

and about $3400 that is not yet paid, but has been promised.

So the expected total is $13752.

Plus whatever odds and ends (nice odds and ends) we finish up with.

This is what we have so far.

$9608 in Paypal

$744 in Paypal Pending payments

and about $3400 that is not yet paid, but has been promised.

So the expected total is $13752.

Plus whatever odds and ends (nice odds and ends) we finish up with.

Wonderful.

Thanks for doing this Sharon, you're always there when someone needs help - always. And a big thanks to everyone else who helped up front and behind the scenes. And of course those who contributed books or money, so many compassionate people here.