• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I received an interesting phone call last week...

495 posts in this topic

Did the OP say he was or wasn't going to do something nice for the original owner yet and I missed it? Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions here otherwise.
Actually I would say this is about Chip and his "position" leaving him with the inability to do what's right.

True, no one's said anything about Brock at all. No one's said he's going to keep all the proceeds or that he should other than Chip. So the discussion grew out of that very interesting character revelation.

Does it surprise you?

Well, it is unlikely anyone will share a story like this again any time soon....

It's not the first time.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7153671&fpart=1

The lesson here is don't brag about your comic scores, particularly if they involve paying little old ladies a dime on the dollar, unless you want half the board questioning your ethics and advising you on how exactly to "do the right thing".

kudos to OP, as he just hit the lotto!

Not the same thing. Not even close.

"Lotto" doesn't necessarily mean "millions". You can win much less in any lotto.

"Lotto" doesn't necessarily mean "millions". You can win much less in any lotto.

:gossip: I wasn't referring to the dollars at all.

Everyone has an equal chance in the lotto. No one loses tens of thousands of $$ because 1 party didn't know what they had, while the other party was more knowledgeable and took advantage of them.

Everyone has an equal chance in the lotto. No one loses tens of thousands of $$ because 1 party didn't know what they had, while the other party was more knowledgeable and took advantage of them.

Let's not go off the deep end just yet.

I'm putting together a box of old coverless comics that I can sell to the OP, sight unseen, for $1500.

Sure...fire away. Be sure to include one of these:

0BHc0ty.jpg

For anyone in doubt-you obviously haven't dealt with Brock before. I can without question seeing him going back to the seller and kicking her some more cash. He's solid.

If he didn't want to-I'd be amazed.

Congrats on the find!

Did the OP say he was or wasn't going to do something nice for the original owner yet and I missed it? Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions here otherwise.
Actually I would say this is about Chip and his "position" leaving him with the inability to do what's right.

I respect Chips position. Well, i respect the flexibility it takes to get your foot in your mouth while your head is up your .

I respect Chips position. Well, i respect the flexibility it takes to get your foot in your mouth while your head is up your .

lol

:gossip: They have gambler's anonymous exactly for people who lose tens of thousands playing lotteries who don't seem to understand the horrible odds. The sellers of said lottery tickets take advantage of this fact.

Let's not go off the deep end just yet.

What about the amount of work you put into becoming a reputable comic dealer, so that people will call you to sell when they have something for sale? The amount of time you took become and expert on comics so that you can identify if/when/where there is profit to be made? What about the opportunity cost of other things you could be doing? In nearly every single financial transaction doesn't one party have more knowledge about the value of the product?

Our whole economy is essentially based on arbitrage, isn't it?

lol

Here's a photo of the lady we purchased the book from:

swf+queen-elizabeth-ii-green-races.jpg

She is clearly not happy with the way things turned out for her.

She can afford it. lol