• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Open Letter to CGC

226 posts in this topic

I guess song refs are verboten now

you know how RMA did emoticons for a long period of time?

I am pretty sure that outside of a :takeit: to make sure I could claim a book, I could carry on for awhile in song references and youtube videos.

Most of the song refs after my canary in the coal mine comment

They must hate the Police.

If that is the case, perhaps the mods would be more comfortable with an N.W.A. song.

I've gotten something done by speaking with them.

I seem to get a lot of things done by speaking with them.

I am never quite sure why people assume that threads are read and acted upon by the powers that make change. That by writing more and more they will be "forced to act" because I will it so.

Exactly. I've had conversations, short but productive, with Paul Litch who seemed to genuinely care about my opinion. However, I took the time to seek him out. I did not post some public whine about the unfairness of life, eBay, and TATs. If you really want to generate attention, post your rant on their Facebook page. I would bet money they would quickly respond to your post even if its to say, "We love our customers! Thank you for your input."

Post on a Bulletin Board with a few hundred people, at most, using it at any given time? Yeah, they probably don't care that much. This place is the backroom gathering of pimply geeks eating Cheetos and complaining about the new Wonder Woman. Admittedly, some of the geeks came to the store driving a Maserati but they are still pissed about TATs and Wonder Woman.

I heard there was a turkey sandwich that mutated and ate half of Buffalo.

:popcorn:

See, this is why I hate the CGC Boards...that is just not true!!! Why do people feel they can throw around lies willy nilly with impunity, hiding behind the safety of keyboards?? :facepalm:

Suck it, Fat Flash. My keyboard isn't 1/10th big enough for me to hide behi....wait...

Now where's that turkey sandwich monster meme....?

Please play nice guys...this is a good discussion. Would hate to see this disappear especially with me IBTL...

This thread will probably be pruned if not poofed.

Poof for sure…

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I heard there was a turkey sandwich that mutated and ate half of Buffalo.

:popcorn:

See, this is why I hate the CGC Boards...that is just not true!!! Why do people feel they can throw around lies willy nilly with impunity, hiding behind the safety of keyboards?? :facepalm:

Suck it, Fat Flash. My keyboard isn't 1/10th big enough for me to hide behi....wait...

Now where's that turkey sandwich monster meme....?

Please play nice guys...this is a good discussion. Would hate to see this disappear especially with me IBTL...

This thread will probably be pruned if not poofed.

Poof for sure

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I'm still waiting for that turkey sandwich monster meme.

I am never quite sure why people assume that threads are read and acted upon by the powers that make change. That by writing more and more they will be "forced to act" because I will it so.

Exactly. I've had conversations, short but productive, with Paul Litch who seemed to genuinely care about my opinion. However, I took the time to seek him out. I did not post some public whine about the unfairness of life, eBay, and TATs. If you really want to generate attention, post your rant on their Facebook page. I would bet money they would quickly respond to your post even if its to say, "We love our customers! Thank you for your input."

Post on a Bulletin Board with a few hundred people, at most, using it at any given time? Yeah, they probably don't care that much. This place is the backroom gathering of pimply geeks eating Cheetos and complaining about the new Wonder Woman. Admittedly, some of the geeks came to the store driving a Maserati but they are still pissed about TATs and Wonder Woman.

Ok so if this isn't a place to voice your opinions or concerns to CGC what options do I have? From my understanding, and correct me if this was not the case, the people that they did take suggestions from were retailers who are regulars on the convention circuit. What about the lowly collector/comic enthusiast? Surely the people we buy comics from can't represent us as well? So then there are either at least 2 customer groups for CGC, retailers and collectors/buyers (or everyone else) or only retailers are considered the customer base. I don't believe that the gentlemen (and a few bastards) who are selling comics and use CGC to help them make a living can have the same interests and concerns as their customers.

There is somewhat of a food chain here:

CGC>Retailers/Sellers>Collectors/customers

So if CGC listened to the Retailers, where do the Collectors get to have their voices heard? Or do we not matter as the amount of money we spend is a drop in the bucket?

Ok so if this isn't a place to voice your opinions or concerns to CGC what options do I have? From my understanding, and correct me if this was not the case, the people that they did take suggestions from were retailers who are regulars on the convention circuit. What about the lowly collector/comic enthusiast? Surely the people we buy comics from can't represent us as well? So then there are either at least 2 customer groups for CGC, retailers and collectors/buyers (or everyone else) or only retailers are considered the customer base. I don't believe that the gentlemen (and a few bastards) who are selling comics and use CGC to help them make a living can have the same interests and concerns as their customers.

So if CGC listened to the Retailers, where do the Collectors get to have their voices heard? Or do we not matter as the amount of money we spend is a drop in the bucket?

I don't think any one person has all that much influence even if they're huge account retailers. It's possible the largest account holders may have some very limited sway and could possibly get them to consider a proposed change, addition, feature, or service, but ultimately they're the ones deciding. How bad you want it isn't a concern of theirs. How much money it can make them is.

I am not a retailer. I occasionally sell things on eBay but it is not very often. I have sold exactly two things on the boards: an Amazing Spider-Man #14 and a #101. That's it. I explained to Paul who I am: a collector with 30 years experience who occasionally sells on eBay. He listened and responded to me.