• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your non-certified sigs

130 posts in this topic

Great books. Gotta love Don Martin. As a kid, I loved his strips the most. And that is a nice surprise on the Xmen KSA 3. I forgot I had my xmen 137 signed and when I got back into collecting in around 2007 I decided to pick a few of my old comics to send in to CGC to see how they graded. The 137 came back with the note "John Byrne written in pen on 1st page" on the label. I completely forgot that I got him to sign it at the NYCC con, and I cracked it out of the case to see the sig. The Cap 3 sigs look just like the FF1 sigs.

I am sad I sold off my Jack Kirby sigs, but I still managed to hang on to this Stan Lee one - in my Ms Marvel #1. While Stan didn't have much to do with the book, I do like this hilarious quote about Ms. Marvel later costume change:

"This is what I’m after … T&A" (censored).

MSMARVEL01_STANLEE_SIG.jpg

I also really like this awesome 90's tribute signature book, signed by

Marc Silvestri, J Scott Campbell, Alex Garner, Greg Capullo, Scott Clark, Whilce Portacio, Brandon Peterson. I'm hoping to get the rest of the guys who worked on the book to sign someday when I actually get to a convention.

DEATHMATE_SIGNED_FRONT.jpeg

I think Jack Kirby signature is the most important piece long before CGC was formed as well as Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel - maybe more.

Everyone who lived and still live already signed many books that were witnessed by CGC like Stan Lee, Joe Simon, Nick Cardy and many more writers and artists. They are authentic for sure but Jack Kirby and others are hard to find. I have seen them one in a while like it appears every year or two.

He was passed away in 1994. He went through time to time when he helped the comic industry gets bigger for nearly 80 years. I am sure that everybody joined with him to build up in those years.