• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enough CGC!

Graders Notes  

747 members have voted

1. 1. Graders Notes

161 posts in this topic

MCI who later became Worldcom and basically cooked the books.

Great Analogy.

Having worked for Verizon Business formerly MCI I have to say with the utmost sincerity that they were the biggest backstabbers I ever worked for.

The monopoly breakup was what MCI did that helped the consumer. The business practices of MCI, AT&T, Verizon, are a totally different story. Their executives much like Wall Street were just pumping their stocks and treating their workers like cattle. To this day, no one at these companies, under whatever names they now have been acquired under are happy; unless you’re the one cutting yourself a 10 million bonus yearly. With each merger there was duplication of effort which means reduction in force. Everyone becomes an officer in title and is now overtime exempt. What better way to raise revenue than to turn your 37 hour a week worker into a 65 hour a week worker for a free 28 hours of labor, while releasing one worker for every three and passing their work onto whoever remains.

I went through he same thing with Stan O'Neal. How was it possible that everyone knew about the housing bubble and the CDO disaster when ML was investing heavily into it? Internally Stan was told CDOs were high risk and not to do it. His solution was to fire his own risk assessment employees and outsource the opinion until he got the answer her wanted. When Komansky left, one of the most down to earth CEOs you would ever meet, people knew that Stan was going to drive the company into the ground. That’s why they are now owned by BOA which as a company is a total disaster. BOA runs like an engine without oil. I have no idea how they are a 200 billion dollar corporation.

They're all DBs. How many people lost everything on their greed. That much I think we do agree on. So you've taken your lumps too? :)