• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enough CGC!

Graders Notes  

747 members have voted

1. 1. Graders Notes

161 posts in this topic

Why would they stop charging? As long as people keep paying for them, they'll continue to charge.

There are enough books out there on the market to keep this gravy train going for quite some time.

Gravy. :cloud9:

Why would they stop charging? As long as people keep paying for them, they'll continue to charge.

There are enough books out there on the market to keep this gravy train going for quite some time.

Gravy. :cloud9:

The same reason the phone companies quit charging for long distance calls. (shrug)

The same reason the phone companies quit charging for long distance calls. (shrug)

Not an apples to apples comparison.

For example:

Let's say Heritage or CC or whoever has an auction. The auction contains several nice looking, but mid grade keys (AF15, FF1, etc...). The books look better than the grade.

Potential bidders call CGC to get the notes to see why. Is it a page tear? A stain on the pages? etc... Easy money.

You can't just switch services on something like that.

For example:

Let's say Heritage or CC or whoever has an auction. The auction contains several nice looking, but mid grade keys (AF15, FF1, etc...). The books look better than the grade.

Potential bidders call CGC to get the notes to see why. Is it a page tear? A stain on the pages? etc... Easy money.

You're right and I'm not suggesting anyone should. What I'm saying is that going forward, people have more than one option. I wasn't speaking of already graded books.

For example:

You're right and I'm not suggesting anyone should. What I'm saying is that going forward, people have more than one option. I wasn't speaking of already graded books.

Remains to be seen if that option is viable long term.

For example:

Remains to be seen if that option is viable long term.

True.

For example:

I know. But this is the reason charging for notes will continue for awhile.

The other company is doing a lot of things right (as far as listening to customers), but until they're more established, CGC won't change this particular policy.

They did change the tier dates in response. That affects submissions. They had to do it. Graders Notes, not so much right now.

For example:

I know. But this is the reason charging for notes will continue for awhile.

The other company is doing a lot of things right (as far as listening to customers), but until they're more established, CGC won't change this particular policy.

They did change the tier dates in response. That affects submissions. They had to do it. Graders Notes, not so much right now.

(thumbs u

When a tree falls in the forest does anybody hear it?

That's what these type of threads are.

Why do you assume that the people who can authorize this change read the boards every day?

On December 1, 1955 a woman decided she was going to sit in the front of a bus. No one who could authorize change was there. It was relatively a tree falling in the forest; or was it.

I'm trying to gauge dissension withing the AT&T community if things like this would tempt them to switch to MCI. If AT&T had its way, we would all still be paying 25 cents per call for every 3-min of talk time. MCI was a relatively small company that wasn't even a blip on the AT&T radar. History teaches companies lessons to lead and not react. This poll was taken from the words of other posters, but put into a comprehensive lists to summarize the general feelings of the consumers; the ones that keep the lights on.