• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enough CGC!

Graders Notes  

747 members have voted

1. 1. Graders Notes

161 posts in this topic

have you ever seen the graders notes? trust me you aren't missing much

That even makes it more petty. If the notes were thorough and extensively detailed, I could understand the charge. Maybe they should provide these brief notes for free but they could charge the $5 for something more detailed and lengthy.

so where are all the pitchforks and torches screaming this is whining?

Btw I did write to Mr Balent, I'm gonna see if he'd allow me to post his response.

as a company if you can make more money then why not. I am not saying I agree with this or not, but it's their company, they can do whatever they want. If I don't like it I won't buy it, I have no issue with them not providing graders notes for free or not providing detailed notes (in some instances).

I am not going to get upset about it etc.

Furthermore I am certainly not going to change brands because someone else does it nor do I except the company that I submit books to emulate everything their competition does.

Sorry but I am satisfied with what I am currently paying and what I'm getting.

There are plenty of other more worthy causes to get upset about and demand change. This is not one of them.

HOWEVER, disingenuous estimated turn around times are another idea...

What if CGC has a a marketing consultant come in and do an exhaustive study on the 'cost of providing free graders notes accurate TATs and the expected additional revenues from additional sales' vs 'the additional revenue resulting from people paying for subbing books they wouldn't have if they'd known times were off by months grader's notes on occasion'?

Here's why I won't send any raw books:

1. Free graders notes to those who submit the books. For those who are second and third, etc party owners then they can pay for them but for me...when I submit and pay for a book to be graded...it should have the graders notes attached or available to me. I should be informed what the defects were to receive the grade. It's common sense and CGC not doing it angers me. :)

2. Puddling on the back inner well. They claim it doesn't impact or affect the book. Of course that's a concern but I trust their word on that. Call me crazy. My problem is the case is see through and the puddling or whatever you call it is unsightly and can affect another buyer down the road. They should fix it and make it right like their competition seems to be doing with some plastics issues.

3. Turnaround times. Get this worked out please.

Happy Friday!

It's my birthday! :)

What if CGC has a a marketing consultant come in and do an exhaustive study on the 'cost of providing free graders notes accurate TATs and the expected additional revenues from additional sales' vs 'the additional revenue resulting from people paying for subbing books they wouldn't have if they'd known times were off by months grader's notes on occasion'?

I'm not in marketing but I suspect option 2 is the greater revenue maker

But #1 is far more profitable. Graders notes are like soft drinks at a fast food joint. Almost zero cost with incredible markup.

I appreciate the unbiased polling that is being done in this thread. Clinical and precise. The "choose two" option was well constructed also.

I picked "enough nickel and diming" and "it's OK to charge"; did I win?

I think I am about to take the Andy Dufresne approach. You want a prison library? Then you should write a letter a week to mbalent@cgccomics.com as was instructed HERE

That is the way to effect a change. Everything else is mock worhy bluster. :whee:

What does "worhy" mean?

hm

You guys realize if CGC did this, they would be inundated with requests for graders notes...like 12 years worth. They would need to hire an additional staff member just to handle all the requests.

Or they can just announce a future starting date?

You could argue a similar problem for when they rolled back the Modern Tier dates?

I think I am about to take the Andy Dufresne approach. You want a prison library? Then you should write a letter a week to mbalent@cgccomics.com as was instructed HERE

That is the way to effect a change. Everything else is mock worhy bluster. :whee:

What does "worhy" mean?

hm

wargarble1.png

You guys realize if CGC did this, they would be inundated with requests for graders notes...like 12 years worth. They would need to hire an additional staff member just to handle all the requests.

I bought two notes on books that I got hammered on (Astonishing Tales #25), to see if I had missed something (and it's my job to not miss things.)

The notes were included on the "check certification" page, and that page was e-mailed to me automatically.

No muss, no fuss.

I paid $8 for nothing I didn't already know. That's really the most annoying part.

meh

I appreciate the unbiased polling that is being done in this thread. Clinical and precise. The "choose two" option was well constructed also.

I did a new poll, called "what are your thoughts on this thread", but I screwed up posting it. It was a beautiful snowflake never to be duplicated. :cry:

I can remember four of the choices:

(1) Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'

(2) No comment. My response will not fit on Roy's junk

(3) It is better than Rosa Parks' meatloaf recipe

(4) It sucks

But #1 is far more profitable. Graders notes are like soft drinks at a fast food joint. Almost zero cost with incredible markup.

That's the thing that gets to me about the subject. Presumably, the notes are already made as a by-product of the grading process, which is what we're paying for.

There have been a lot of business comparisons, but I think of it more like your grade report or transcript from college. I paid to take classes, I completed my bachelor's degree, so I get one sealed official copy of my transcript tucked in the envelope with my diploma and I can look at my own unofficial transcript whenever I want to. If I want to send additional copies of my transcript to another college to get pursue a masters degree, THEN AND ONLY THEN does it cost me money. Could the colleges get more money if they didn't get away free transcripts? Sure, but it's part of what you paid for when you took the classes and filed for graduation.

Nice Dre :applause:

At least you noticed so my 10,000th post did not go to waste lol

My favorite thing about this thread was the Rosa Parks reference. BTW - I hear there's an Underground Railroad to the "other" company.

:eyeroll:

I did a new poll, called "what are your thoughts on this thread", but I screwed up posting it. It was a beautiful snowflake never to be duplicated. :cry:

I can remember four of the choices:

(1) Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'

(2) No comment. My response will not fit on Roy's junk

(3) It is better than Rosa Parks' meatloaf recipe

(4) It sucks

I choose #2.