• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enough CGC!

Graders Notes  

747 members have voted

1. 1. Graders Notes

161 posts in this topic

Why would they stop charging? As long as people keep paying for them, they'll continue to charge.

There are enough books out there on the market to keep this gravy train going for quite some time.

Gravy. :cloud9:

Gravy bikini wrestling :cloud9:

gravybikiniwrestling_GOOD550.jpg

:headbang:

When a tree falls in the forest does anybody hear it?

That's what these type of threads are.

Why do you assume that the people who can authorize this change read the boards every day?

I think they are depending on a trickle up communication. While the boards are independently moderated there are suspensions and wrist slaps handed out for criticizing CGC policy. I believe that the originators of these are hoping that if the boards erupt into mass protest over a certain policy that the furor created within the thread itself, along with the inevitable lock, combined with the eventual discussion thread will raise enough commotion that it will be noticed.

I think I am about to take the Andy Dufresne approach. You want a prison library? Then you should write a letter a week to mbalent@cgccomics.com as was instructed HERE

These boards are read by persons at CGC because they are also collectors. The trickle up communication is inevitable. What many companies don’t realize is their consumer base usually knows the company better than they do, how to improve it, and what is good about it. You don’t wait until sales drop 40% to hire an outside consulting firm to figure out what went wrong when someone as common as the company janitor could have told you a year ago. This thread is hardly a candidate for a lock or wrist-slap since these are valid concerns over CGC grading and collecting. Graders notes being readily available gives the buyer or seller of a slab the opportunity to get more than just a number. Many times back covers are not displayed in auctions or there may be internal defects that at face value a number on the upper left of a slab doesn’t represent. This is a no-brainer to afford your consumer base with the best possible tools to maintain the integrity of their guaranteed grade. Charging for it or not including it within the slab itself seems shortsighted and incomplete as a service overall. This is not CGC policy; this is simple business practice of giving the consumer what they’ve paid for and is as reasonable as the census being made available for free.

It's not about following the lead of the other guy. It's about doing what is right.

I think I am about to take the Andy Dufresne approach. You want a prison library? Then you should write a letter a week to mbalent@cgccomics.com as was instructed HERE

Who is M Balent?

Mike Balent, director of the Signature Series.

Is that tattoo Mike? I just didn't know his last name. Mainly 'cause I hate Sig Series, I guess.

Yes, Roy, that is tattoo Mike.

Not at all, but Mike is my homie, and it seems kind of crass to call someone "tattoo Mike." :)

I got Fingh's ire up again. :acclaim:

When a tree falls in the forest does anybody hear it?

That's what these type of threads are.

Why do you assume that the people who can authorize this change read the boards every day?

I think they are depending on a trickle up communication. While the boards are independently moderated there are suspensions and wrist slaps handed out for criticizing CGC policy. I believe that the originators of these are hoping that if the boards erupt into mass protest over a certain policy that the furor created within the thread itself, along with the inevitable lock, combined with the eventual discussion thread will raise enough commotion that it will be noticed.

These boards are read by persons at CGC because they are also collectors. The trickle up communication is inevitable. What many companies don’t realize is their consumer base usually knows the company better than they do, how to improve it, and what is good about it. You don’t wait until sales drop 40% to hire an outside consulting firm to figure out what went wrong when someone as common as the company janitor could have told you a year ago. This thread is hardly a candidate for a lock or wrist-slap since these are valid concerns over CGC grading and collecting. Graders notes being readily available gives the buyer or seller of a slab the opportunity to get more than just a number. Many times back covers are not displayed in auctions or there may be internal defects that at face value a number on the upper left of a slab doesn’t represent. This is a no-brainer to afford your consumer base with the best possible tools to maintain the integrity of their guaranteed grade. Charging for it or not including it within the slab itself seems shortsighted and incomplete as a service overall. This is not CGC policy; this is simple business practice of giving the consumer what they’ve paid for and is as reasonable as the census being made available for free.

chhw9.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

have you ever seen the graders notes? trust me you aren't missing much

+1

CGC is a volume business. The consistent, careful, and thorough annotation of flaws is at odds with speedy grading. The notes are neither complete nor consistent, and in some cases are missing entirely.

Our freedom and liberty are at stake here.

#FREEGRADERSNOTES

!!!!

First world problems, baby.

Ugh, quote fail.

I like Mike and I think he knows that. 'Tattoo Mike' is no different than someone else calling me 'that long haired guy from Canada'. It's not offensive.

Now, on the other hand... lol

Someone's wound tight today, so here's a flower for you. :foryou:

Ugh, quote fail.

I like Mike and I think he knows that. 'Tattoo Mike' is no different than someone else calling me 'that long haired guy from Canada'. It's not offensive.

There are some other, less flattering nom de plumes for VintageComics. Want to hear some?

Ugh, quote fail.

There are some other, less flattering nom de plumes for VintageComics. Want to hear some?

Really? You know what, I'll just call Mike and apologize for referencing his tattoos. You guys do as you need to.

You guys are way too tightly wound. doh!

Ugh, quote fail.

It's not that big a deal. It seemed like "big-tit Betty" or "Stinky Dan." Or Fingh.

Ugh, quote fail.

It's not that big a deal. It seemed like "big-tit Betty" or "Stinky Dan." Or Fingh.

But it wasn't like "big-tit Betty" because the word tattoo more acceptable than the word 'tit' on these shores.

I've known Mike for years and we've had beers together but I couldn't remember his last name so I just thought it was the easiest way to quickly pinpoint which Mike it was.

Personally, I think you went from zero to in about Fingh seconds but I've sent him an email apology anyway just in case he might be offended.

I'm out for lunch. Laters.

Ugh, quote fail.

Really? You know what, I'll just call Mike and apologize for referencing his tattoos. You guys do as you need to.

lol

Dork. Even I can tall Trannypants is messing with you but why the hate for tattoos?

Ugh, quote fail.

lol

Dork. Even I can tall Trannypants is messing with you but why the hate for tattoos?

Who says I hate tattoos? I don't have one but I like them.

I just hate the size of my junk because my girl's name won't fit on it. :cry:

Ugh, quote fail.

lol

Who says I hate tattoos? I don't have one but I like them.

I just hate the size of my junk because my girl's name won't fit on it. :cry:

Lou?