• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Important is Hulk 2

25 posts in this topic

This question popped up in one of the Hulk #1 threads and it got me thinking, how important is the "first green hulk"? More important than Daredevil 7 and Tales to Astonish 35 (with respect to their respective characters)?

And will there be a spike in this book due to the spike in Hulk 1?

This question popped up in one of the Hulk #1 threads and it got me thinking, how important is the "first green hulk"? More important than Daredevil 7 and Tales to Astonish 35 (with respect to their respective characters)?

And will there be a spike in this book due to the spike in Hulk 1?

not sure but imo it will only make people buy lower grade copies of this grail comic and the most it will do is raise the price on Hulk #2 a bit but not a lot

I just can't help but wonder if this will be the ASM 1 to the AF15 (understanding that ASM 1 was the beginning of the series). But, with Hulk 1's quickly becoming less and less attainable (like the AF15) I have to figure fans will look for the next best thing which is the "first green hulk"???

Is there a more key Hulk book to own (excluding #1) - besides IH181 (which is not necessarily a Hulk centered book)?

Agreed. Every run has a 2nd most important (or valuable) book but it's not always the second issue.

Action 1 / 7

Detective 27 / 31

Marvel 1 / 9

Daredevil 1 / 7

etc.

In this case it just happens to be Hulk 1 / 2

IH2 is not likely going to climb much. Just compare other SA Marvel #2s to their respective #1 issue. (X-Men 2, Avengers 2, DareDevil 2, Jim 84).

Collectors are willing to shell out big bucks for 1st appearances, not so much the case for 2nd appearances.

But it isn't just a second appearance it is the first green hulk (excluding the one panel in issues 1). Usually the first occurrence of the defining physical appearance of a character commands a decent premium. Think of DD 7, ToS 48, Amazing Adventures 11, B&B 85 just to name a few.

Isn't there actually one panel in Hulk 1 where he's green, and not grey? hm

From my HULK FUN FACTS thread...there are actually 2 panels...

HULK FUN FACTS

Issue 1 May 1962

“The Coming of the Hulk”

Art is by Jack Kirby and inking by Paul Reinman.

Hulk is originally grey-skinned. But on page 18 caption 5 and on page 19 caption 6 Hulk is green-skinned.

Hulk’s first words are “GET OUT OF MY WAY, INSECT! (as he bats Rick Jones aside…)

Hulk #2 was critical to the follow up of #3, and #4...beyond that.......

Does this make sense to anyone else?

:shrug:

He's saying that without #2 there wouldn't've been a #3 or a #4...

. True. And with the 6, there was not a 7 lol

And we all know if it wasn't for 7...there would be no 8.