• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink - lose the stickers PLEASE! (You Too METROPOLIS!)

81 posts in this topic

This is like those car dealerships that put stickers on the back and plates on the front of vehicles to advertise (for free) their business.

My mom bought a Camry a year ago. The vehicle was test drove without a plate or holes for the screws on the front. When she went to close the deal they had screwed a plate through the plastic holes on the front bumper. It was a deal breaker and they had to fix it prior to the deal being finalized.

I understand why businesses do this too. I guess they figure 99% of everyone won't even blink and some people will learn about their business through this type of advertising. Pizzing off a few customers in the process (and in the minority) is a small prize to pay.

I was just about to say this. CARMAX

I never had a problem with the last few Comicconnect stickers I had on my slabs. They peeled right off without any problems or leftover sticky residue. The Comiclink sticker on the other hand are still the same as before and tough to peel off without an added agent.

So I figured there are two options:

1) continue to buy, or

2) stop buying.

Uh, but some of their books are so rare I'd fight a hungry tiger to get them (ok, maaaybe not, but you get the point).

Well, think if someone did put Conan the Barbarian #1 CGC 10.0 WP (single highest graded) with perfect cover centering in a waterproof bag and threw it in a lake filled with starving piranhas - would I go for it? hm Well, not if it was surrounded by great white sharks, at least :ohnoez:

But should a sticker stop me from buying amazing books? lol:roflmao:

I guess now you know why these stickers are still there! :grin:

How about they put the slab inside a mylite bag, then put the sticker on that? I assume they are storing them that way so that the slabs don't scratch each other... One would think.

I know it is about the book but would a restaurant serve filet mignon on a garbage can lid?

James

I work at CC.

The stickers are applied directly to the slab for practical purposes. In most cases they can be removed fairly easily. Putting the sticker on a bag instead of the book itself only leaves the door open to something happening to the labeling process. It's done to help us run a smoother operation.

I work at CC.

The stickers are applied directly to the slab for practical purposes. In most cases they can be removed fairly easily.

It sounds as though CC uses the right kind of stickers. (thumbs u

I work at CC.

The stickers are applied directly to the slab for practical purposes. In most cases they can be removed fairly easily.

It sounds as though CC uses the right kind of stickers. (thumbs u

:D

They are really easy to remove.

Not that I've purchased a slab book. :sorry:

But I've never had a problem removing a sticker to re-label a book for inventory. (thumbs u

I guess I missed a step with the olive oil.

I first attempt to get the sticker off, which of course goes badly and leaves that sticky residue.

The olive oil is dabbed onto the leftover residue and also the tissue, then sits for a few minutes.

So I don't put it on the entire sticker...sorry about that

I think easy removal is dependent on how long the sticker has been attached as well. The Metro sticker was quite old - and shredded as soon as I tried to remove it with or without the olive oil. So perhaps the olive oil is effective with newer stickers, whereas if it's an oldie like mine, you need a solvent like WD-40 or Goo-Gone.

I like an earlier suggestion to put the stickers on the mylar the slab is in. But I see the argument that they can be separated too easily, if internal theft control is the objective.

If internal theft is the reason for the sticker then Comiclink should call Heritage, Pedigree and comic connect and ask them how they do it.

All of those companies label their books but their labels can be easily removed and they don't have to ask their buyers to buy Goo-Gone.

Side note:

I called Comiclink and complained about it and my next order was void of any stickers. More recent orders have had them back though. I figure I just call them every time I order something and ask them to kindly remove them for me before sending them to me.

The right thing to do is for Comiclink to go and buy some Goo-Gone. Not for me to do it.

-Brady

I work at CC.

The stickers are applied directly to the slab for practical purposes. In most cases they can be removed fairly easily. Putting the sticker on a bag instead of the book itself only leaves the door open to something happening to the labeling process. It's done to help us run a smoother operation.

The CC stickers have an inventory identification number on them, which I'm sure helps process the book.

The CLink stickers...have zip on them.

On 10/3/2014 at 8:34 AM, NTHstars said:

which of course goes badly and leaves that sticky residue.

The olive oil is dabbed onto the leftover residue and also the tissue, then sits for a few minutes.

Penthouse Forum :cloud9:

On 2014-09-30 at 9:36 AM, DeadpoolJr. said:

Well in truth why should they, I mean we all complain and tell them what we would like from them (no stickers, updated website, being able to save something to a watchlist, etc.) but whats their insensitive do they have to actually do it? Even though we don't like some of the things they do we still buy from them,and use them to sell, knowing they'll put stickers on the comics we send to them. They seem to be doing quite well, getting good prices at auction, and such so if their business model is working for them do they really have to change it to make them us happy? We keep using them the way they are so there's really no pressure on them to get it done.

Probably no incentive. I mean I stopped using them because of stickers, shipping prices and the fact that they do not update their inventory, but as you say they seem to be surviving.  Personally, I think comic link sucks, but that is just me.