• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink - lose the stickers PLEASE! (You Too METROPOLIS!)

81 posts in this topic

They probably wish the stickers stuck stronger.

Free Advertising!

:insane:

Aw...I see my new slab came in....but it's got a sticker on it!

I'll just take this off and....dammit....it won't come off!

Who would do this? Who did I get this from? The sticker says "Comiclink".

I guess I'll never buy from them again!

Lighter fluid and comics hm

They make high-quality stickers that hold firm and release cleanly when carefully removed.

I shouldn't have to subject a slab to cleaning with solvents if all Comiclink has to do is get better stickers or just stop doing it.

It's simple :foryou:

I wouldn't be putting any other chemical to the slab just to remove a sticker, even an unwanted one. I much prefer BACK COVER SCANS and a DESCRIPTION about date stamps/overspray instead :gossip:

Even if they never listen that's my number one pet peeve about the site 2c

I wouldn't be putting any other chemical to the slab just to remove a sticker, even an unwanted one. I much prefer BACK COVER SCANS and a DESCRIPTION about date stamps/overspray instead :gossip:

Even if they never listen that's my number one pet peeve about the site 2c

Not to mention that my list of Sales Pending has books that were sold years ago (shrug)

I just bought a comic on their exchange, I should have messaged them to not put a sticker on it when they receive it from the seller(or do they not do it to exchange books? I can't remember)

They won't. Also they won't show the back covers. Much more, they won't update their website. They are simply stubborn.

I just bought a comic on their exchange, I should have messaged them to not put a sticker on it when they receive it from the seller(or do they not do it to exchange books? I can't remember)

They won't. Also they won't show the back covers. Much more, they won't update their website. They are simply stubborn.

I wonder how much of the scans shown is dependent on what the seller gives them to use?

In the case of the book I bought, it had huge front and back cover scans, and a nice pre cgc scan of the interior pages before grading.

But I agree about updating their website, that will never happen.

Comic connect has gone to removable stickers.

I like their stickers. There is a small price difference between cheap stickers that tear when you remove them and nice ones that peel back without any residue. I would imagine that CLink could cough up the extra 3¢ on a sticker label to keep their customers happy.

I wonder how much of the scans shown is dependent on what the seller gives them to use?

In the case of the book I bought, it had huge front and back cover scans, and a nice pre cgc scan of the interior pages before grading.

I asked them before. They said it is too much to work. That was three years ago. They may be dinosaurs for a long time.

. . . nor will book sales ever appear on GPA :whistle:

Well in truth why should they, I mean we all complain and tell them what we would like from them (no stickers, updated website, being able to save something to a watchlist, etc.) but whats their insensitive do they have to actually do it? Even though we don't like some of the things they do we still buy from them,and use them to sell, knowing they'll put stickers on the comics we send to them. They seem to be doing quite well, getting good prices at auction, and such so if their business model is working for them do they really have to change it to make them us happy? We keep using them the way they are so there's really no pressure on them to get it done.

Well in truth why should they, I mean we all complain and tell them what we would like from them (no stickers, updated website, being able to save something to a watchlist, etc.) but whats their insensitive do they have to actually do it? Even though we don't like some of the things they do we still buy from them,and use them to sell, knowing they'll put stickers on the comics we send to them. They seem to be doing quite well, getting good prices at auction, and such so if their business model is working for them do they really have to change it to make them us happy? We keep using them the way they are so there's really no pressure on them to get it done.

Because we would have more confidence to buy more often.

I talked the reps from GPA once. Clink is not partnered with GPA.

I talked the reps from GPA once. Clink is not partnered with GPA.

I know - that's what I'm saying, the sales don't get reported there.

It's a culture thing. There is nothing like just sitting there peeling off CLink stickers. You know you have to go real slow (like on a first date :cloud9: ), never be impatient and force it (tsk) , let it take the time it needs :taptaptap:

Over the years I've come to consider myself a Master Peeler :acclaim: (pun intended :grin: )

And they come in different flavors - some leave no residue :whee: , some deliver in spades :ohnoez:

I guess it all goes back to Forrest Gump hm

"A CLink sticker is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get"