• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the lowest price that any 10.0 or 9.9...

37 posts in this topic

I have the lone 9.9 graded copy of Hardcore #1. Im sure if I put it up auction format I wouldn't even get $30 for it! lol

auction format is the problem. You just dont do auction format on ANY book that doesnt have high demand. Auction is good for liquid assets, terrible for illiquid.

Exactly! (Thumbs u

Just because it's a 10.0 doesn't make it valuable.

Disagree. The 10 grade makes it exponentially more valuable than if it wasn't graded. They might not all be worth thousands, but they are definitely worth more than raw.

Agreed. I don't collect graded comics, but if I did I'd probably pay $100 for some drek 10.0 just to have one.

That's not what Speedmaster1971 said.

My notorious rock bottom priced Mint-Gem Mint sales thread on here a while back.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=227825&Number=4912001#Post4912001

Enjoy*.

Lots of New England rambling (even the late great Lebowski was urging me to stop in it). lol

:popcorn:

* a fun fact: one of the last posts from me in it was gonna be my official exit from this forum, due to graded comic collecting burnout.

Just because it's a 10.0 doesn't make it valuable.

Disagree. The 10 grade makes it exponentially more valuable than if it wasn't graded. They might not all be worth thousands, but they are definitely worth more than raw.

Just because people are willing to pay for them?

There might be a million of almost Mint books out there, and no one cares, and all of a sudden someone is willing to pay disproportionate prices for something just because it’s certified?

Maybe we will reach a point where one should get something certified to prove it’s valuable? lol

I think I remember seeing the listing for that. They said it was the oldest book graded a 10.0?

When you buy something for that reason, you are not a comic collector you are a label collector.

And when you pay top dollar for it you are also buying with the hope that you will sell it for more to other people who also care more about the label than anything else, and that they will pay five figures for an item despite the fact it's abundant in like new condition (and insignificant culturally) And you have to hope nothing will cause them to decide they might prefer to use the same money to get a book that debuted a major character known worldwide and that it will stay are not because (you hope) no grading company will create too many labels similar to yours but because the book itself is actually rare and will stay rare, with any label

I think I remember seeing the listing for that. They said it was the oldest book graded a 10.0?

You sure he didn't say "oldest Bronze Age book" or some such? The Thor 156 from Chucky is the oldest SA book to get a 10, and the oldest oldest is some cheap dentist give-away with no cover. All this info can be found here:

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/

When you buy something for that reason, you are not a comic collector you are a label collector.

You can also say the same thing to the people who spend thousands on a showcase 4 9.6 , new mutants 98 , or action comics 1 9.0. People want the highest grade in whatever comic they want. If they have the cash to burn. I can't knock that at all.

You can also say the same thing to the people who spend thousands on a showcase 4 9.6 , new mutants 98 , or action comics 1 9.0. People want the highest grade in whatever comic they want. If they have the cash to burn. I can't knock that at all.

It's not necessarily knocking it to point out what they are doing. Especially if they, as you say, "have the money to burn."

But some pursuing the highest grade do not have the money to burn and they are gamling it to get more money, thinking erroneously that top in census copies of any book,, whatsoever, are sure-fire investments at any price, even if there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. If you sense that I "knocked" that I suppose I would cop to that, but I'd also say it deserves knocking and might save someone from making an ill-informed decision.