• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War 5/6/16

40 posts in this topic

Love the idea of this movie. Honestly, who doesn't love the idea of superheroes fighting each other on the big screen. The fight between Hulk and Thor in the first Avengers movie had me on the edge of my seat in the theatre.

i really like the idea of phase 3 being civil war or is going to play out over both phases 3&4. the only thing that has me wanting them to hold back these story is the lack of characters that people don't know who they are, i'll say hold back until inhumans are introduced in the MCU.

Superheroes introduced in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

By the time Captain America 3 is released the following will have been introduced on the big and small screen.

Ant-Man

Black Widow

Bucky / Winter Soldier

Captain America

Daredevil

Deathlocke

Drax

Falcon

Gamora

Groot

Hawkeye

Hulk

Iron Man

Mockingbird

Nick Fury

Quicksilver

Rocket Raccoon

Scarlet Witch

Star Lord

Thor

Vision

War Machine

Looks like we have enough for a Civil War. Dr Strange, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones would all be introduced either in Cap 3 or afterwards.

Superheroes introduced in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

By the time Captain America 3 is released the following will have been introduced on the big and small screen.

Ant-Man

Black Widow

Bucky / Winter Soldier

Captain America

Daredevil

Deathlocke

Drax

Falcon

Gamora

Groot

Hawkeye

Hulk

Iron Man

Mockingbird

Nick Fury

Quicksilver

Rocket Raccoon

Scarlet Witch

Star Lord

Thor

Vision

War Machine

Looks like we have enough for a Civil War. Dr Strange, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones would all be introduced either in Cap 3 or afterwards.

The emotional impact of a Civil War without established "good" guy heroes is going to be greatly diminished if a Civil War type story happens this early in the MMU. It worked in the MCU because these characters have been around forever. This also opens up pandora's box and is similar to Iron Man 3. Why would Tony Stark ever need to suit up again after Iron Man 3? He could just build armor that goes out and fights the battles for him. Future Iron Man movies that don't explain this are going to be hard to follow. I know if Tony Stark gets into trouble in a future movie I'll be thinking why isn't he being saved by his army of iron suits? (Not to mention, where are the other Avengers?) Why would the public ever trust heroes again after a Civil War? We have vigilantes today, but they are still treated like criminals. Superheroes will not be any different. It would the the governments and police force that will have a problem with them running around.

The emotional impact of a Civil War without established "good" guy heroes is going to be greatly diminished if a Civil War type story happens this early in the MMU. It worked in the MCU because these characters have been around forever. This also opens up pandora's box and is similar to Iron Man 3. Why would Tony Stark ever need to suit up again after Iron Man 3? He could just build armor that goes out and fights the battles for him. Future Iron Man movies that don't explain this are going to be hard to follow. I know if Tony Stark gets into trouble in a future movie I'll be thinking why isn't he being saved by his army of iron suits? (Not to mention, where are the other Avengers?) Why would the public ever trust heroes again after a Civil War? We have vigilantes today, but they are still treated like criminals. Superheroes will not be any different. It would the the governments and police force that will have a problem with them running around.

Age of Ultron already addresses this. Think of it this way. Ultron is the ultimate set of Stark Armor. After Ultron, he will not trust an AI to be in control of such a weapon.

I know I'm not the only one who was massively disappointed to learn that the Serpent Society announcement was fake. Man, I would so much rather see that than Civil War!

It must be my age. Just about every other fan on my facebook feed, who are all about my age as well, has posted the same thing. We want Serpent Society!

serpentsociety2.jpg

I know I'm not the only one who was massively disappointed to learn that the Serpent Society announcement was fake. Man, I would so much rather see that than Civil War!

It must be my age. Just about every other fan on my facebook feed, who are all about my age as well, has posted the same thing. We want Serpent Society!

serpentsociety2.jpg

Didn't Scourge kill off half that society?? In the brief half hour that they had the fake title up there like almost all the Cap books dealing with serpent society sold out on ebay lol

serpentsociety2.jpg

Didn't Scourge kill off half that society?? In the brief half hour that they had the fake title up there like almost all the Cap books dealing with serpent society sold out on ebay lol

I think he only killed Death Adder. They stuck around for a long time after Scourge was gone. I believe their last major arc ended around #382.

Captain_America_Vol_1_382.jpg