• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comic-Con 2005?

278 posts in this topic

Yes, at least an hour, if not more. Basically people start lining up earlier in the day, so the first people to get in have probably been waiting more than a few hours. They queue everyone up and then once the doors open they let everyone in single-file....over the years you would think that they would have come up with a more efficient system to let people in - I don't mean a mad rush to the doors, but they could let people in a couple rows at a time or something like that. Seems to take forever if you are at the back of the line....

Don't even get me started on the poor security last year that allowed people to cut into the line.... frustrated.gif

Yes, at least an hour, if not more. Basically people start lining up earlier in the day, so the first people to get in have probably been waiting more than a few hours. They queue everyone up and then once the doors open they let everyone in single-file....over the years you would think that they would have come up with a more efficient system to let people in - I don't mean a mad rush to the doors, but they could let people in a couple rows at a time or something like that. Seems to take forever if you are at the back of the line....

Don't even get me started on the poor security last year that allowed people to cut into the line.... frustrated.gif

WHAT????

You said in the other thread you've been there every year since 1979. You haven't figured it out yet? How about ZERO time waiting in line on Preview Night. Yes, everybody starts lining up hours before the door opens. Then at the crack of 5:30 (or whenever it opens) they start letting the line in before the front doors open. BUT, I NEVER wait in the damn lines. If it opens at 5:30 then just stroll in around 5:50 to 6:00 at the latest and walk right in the front doors, no line at all. It just amazes me how much time people will wait in line just to get in the door a few minutes earlier. The only line I ever wait in in San Diego is to pick up my badge Wednesday afternoon. This is usually a fairly fast moving line and never takes me more than a half hour. On any day of the con I never wait in any line. As said before, just show up 20-30 minutes after the open and walk right in the open front doors. If you just must get in a few minutes earlier then go ahead and wait for hours.

For those of you who have been before... how long do you normally have to wait in line on Preview Night? I have some friends that went last year and they said well over an hour. Is this about right?

No wait, if you have an exhibitor badge. gossip.gif

For those of you who have been before... how long do you normally have to wait in line on Preview Night? I have some friends that went last year and they said well over an hour. Is this about right?

yay.gif

yay.gif
frustrated.gif

Anyone have some tips of what to take, so we don't forget anything?

Tennis shoes

Overstreet Pricing and Grading guides

Laptop

Digital camera (to post pics from the con, or to sell on eBay immediately)

Mailing supplies (to ship the pre-sell exclusives I've already sold)

Cell phone charger

yay.gif

yay.gifyay.gif Me too. How early can we get in on Wednesday?

yay.gif

yay.gifyay.gif Me too. How early can we get in on Wednesday?

confused-smiley-013.gif You can probably get in their before noon but most of the exhibitors won't be ready so tonofbricks.gif

Maybe about 4 or 4:30 then. Do either of you know what time they start distributing the exhibitor badges? I'm asking because I was suprised last year at how early the CC parking lot filled up the afternoon of preview night. I had to park a few blocks away, and I'd like to avoid that this year. Probably arrive early, get the badge, then walk over to Horton Plaza for a matinee.

Maybe about 4 or 4:30 then. Do either of you know what time they start distributing the exhibitor badges? I'm asking because I was suprised last year at how early the CC parking lot filled up the afternoon of preview night. I had to park a few blocks away, and I'd like to avoid that this year. Probably arrive early, get the badge, then walk over to Horton Plaza for a matinee.
I'm sure that they are there early, as the helpers of the exhibitors need to get the passes as well.

Soooo... got an extra one? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

Soooo... got an extra one? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifgrin.gif

Rich Henn is a few he will sell. PM him.

I assume you don't need any paperwork to pick up an exhibitor pass...just a driver's license?

The dealer gives the name of the person picking of the badge to them, and all you need is a drivers lic/photo ID to pick it up.

I assume you don't need any paperwork to pick up an exhibitor pass...just a driver's license?
They just ask for ID. Or some exhibitors get all of the passes printed out ahead of time and they pass them out themselves.