• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck Does it Again!!!!!

97 posts in this topic

I've gotten raw books that I just sent to CGC!! As always, grading is subjective. That goes for dealers ,too! I wouldn't call the previous book NM, but $6.00 ain't bad regardless!!! poke2.gif

Yeah, and two elephants for a quarter is a great deal...IF you need two elephants AND you have a quarter. I wouldn't want that "NM" book taking up valuable space in my collection...

Let's face it, getting CGC books from Chuck during one of his "80% off stuff that was already 50% off because we originally priced it at 2x guide" is the only way to be reasonably sure you're getting a decent deal. And even then it's kinda dicey.

BTW, does anyone know who the dealer they called first was. The one who couldn't be bothered to go and see the comics. That guy has GOT to be bitter as hell.

27_laughing.gif

Didn't he play drums for The Beatles? You know, before Ringo? confused-smiley-013.gif

I got the chance to get the "Lonestar Experience" during Wizard World Texas last year.

I rank them among the most crude and unpersonable people I met at the entire convention. Not to mention their prices and grades were a joke.

I purchased a few moderns from them a few years ago over the internet, and didn't have a problem.

I'll certainly remember how they were in person the next time I think about buying from them.

O.K...So my "subjective" thing sounded dumb! makepoint.gif I realize your comic is not near mint. You can call em (or email) and send it back. They'll refund your money, or send a better copy. thumbsup2.gif I've had to do that with lonestar comics.

Thing is if you do that too often to Chuck, you get banned from buying from him (not that that's a bad thing). devil.gif

Just want to take a moment and thank whoever stuck that song in this thread.

Thanks for crashing my internet connection.

Thanks for loosing my place on 17 other websites I was browsing at the time.

Thanks for causing me to waste over an hour trying to find my way back to everywhere I was at the time.

So thanks!

Hope it was fun for you, cause it sure wasn't for me! mad.gif

Thanks for causing me to waste over an hour trying to find my way back to everywhere I was at the time.

So thanks!

That'll teach you to multitask. poke2.gif

So thanks!

You're Welcome! flowerred.gif

I heard that sales from this month shattered all previous month's sales.

P.S. All back issues are 60% off

I heard that Chuck sells comics with NM/MT stamps on them that are actually closer to FN. I heard that comics graded NM/MT have numerous spine creases, thumbprints, and tears on them. 893censored-thumb.gif

So thanks!

Sure, it's funny nowwwwwwwwww. yeahok.gif

Luckily, I wasn't real interested in the 2 auctions I was getting ready to snipe when it all went down the tubes. 893whatthe.gif

I heard that Chuck sells comics with NM/MT stamps on them that are actually closer to FN. I heard that comics graded NM/MT have numerous spine creases, thumbprints, and tears on them. 893censored-thumb.gif

Unfortunately, it's true. I hear the grading has been tighter, but not in my latest purchase attempts. It's better to buy CGC books...

BTW, Don't forget kiddies....

CHUCK ROZANSKI ON THE COMIC ZONE THIS MONDAY

The Comic Zone welcomes comic dealer Chuck Rozanski this Monday!

Ever wonder how the Edgar Church/Mile High Collection was found and

purchased? If so you will hear it first hand from the man who uncovered

the greatest comic collection ever found! Chuck Rozanski will be Vincent's

guest on January 10th 3-4pm EST. To listen live click on:

http://www.worldtalkradio.com

Unfortunately, it's true. I hear the grading has been tighter, but not in my latest purchase attempts. It's better to buy CGC books...

BTW, Don't forget kiddies....

CHUCK ROZANSKI ON THE COMIC ZONE THIS MONDAY

The Comic Zone welcomes comic dealer Chuck Rozanski this Monday!

Ever wonder how the Edgar Church/Mile High Collection was found and

purchased? If so you will hear it first hand from the man who uncovered

the greatest comic collection ever found! Chuck Rozanski will be Vincent's

guest on January 10th 3-4pm EST. To listen live click on:

http://www.worldtalkradio.com

I wonder if he saved up any of his wonderful tales for the show? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So thanks!

Sure, it's funny nowwwwwwwwww. yeahok.gif

Luckily, I wasn't real interested in the 2 auctions I was getting ready to snipe when it all went down the tubes. 893whatthe.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder what caused the meltdown; 17 Windows™ open , or one very cool (and appropriate!) song on this thread?!? makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif

I got the chance to get the "Lonestar Experience" during Wizard World Texas last year.

I rank them among the most crude and unpersonable people I met at the entire convention. Not to mention their prices and grades were a joke.

I purchased a few moderns from them a few years ago over the internet, and didn't have a problem.

I'll certainly remember how they were in person the next time I think about buying from them.

I had a bad experince with a SA key that I submitted and it came back two grades less than advertised. I didn't do anything at first but 6 months later I decided to just bring it to their attention as I was prepared to keep the book because I loved it so much. Buddy offered a full refund, no questions asked plus shipping costs both ways. I'd have to say I was very impressed with the response.

I had a similar situation with another well known east coast dealer and the book was actually 3+ grades over graded and after about 30 emails back and forth suggesting that I was lying, or possibly I or CGC had damaged the book, or better yet he explained how he had way more experience than most of the graders at CGC. All this after I had posted the book in the grading section months earlier and the forumites were much closer to CGC's final analysis than this jackarse had advertised it at. I was offered a rebate at about 65% of what I had paid for the book. What a joke.