• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How's everyone's "full run quest" going?

37 posts in this topic

I'm starting to collect a complete run of EC's. My first title is SHOCK SUSPENSE. I'm 17 issues away from attaining my goal.

Of course, there are only 18 issues in the run... crazy.gif

Oh! I forgot. I completed another run. Fast Willie Jackson baby!

Now, that's impressive!

You would be surprised how hard it is, in any condition.

I don't doubt you one bit! I always try to pick up any VF or better titles I feel are going to be hard to find, for example romance comics, kiddy funny books & more. Good luck finding many in anything above VG/F.

This thread is really encouraging to me, as it shows a lot of collectors who are concerned with completing a run of books with VG-VF intentions (No "Uber-Grades). That's great! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I am about 10 issues shy of the run of Miller DD's. I have 72% run of Thor. Everything from 300-502, need only 33 issues in the 200's and about 45 in the 100's. Also, am about 55% done with my Avengers run. Have all of them from 200-402, and am starting to knock out some of the 100's. Need about 55-60 of the books from 1-99. Unfortunalty, am missing 1-9, 11, 16, 18, 19 for the early expensive stuff.

I dont think that it is too bad for only collecting for less than 2 years.!!!!

Oh yeah, am working on an Amazing Adventures run. Have 1, 10, and 16.

Myself, I have completed Hulk 102-475 6.0+ But I keep upgrading as i have acquired several 8-9.0+

Spiderman 100-200 6.0+ ( am working on 99 and lower and have several )

Conan 1-100 5.0+

Daredevil 100-300 complete

smile.gif

Artboy99

Oh! I forgot. I completed another run. Fast Willie Jackson baby!

Now, that's impressive!

You would be surprised how hard it is, in any condition.

I was being serious. It's one of those oddities I wanted some representative issues of, but realized it was tough to pick up cheap when I bid on Ebay. Now that you and 143ksk are done I should look again wink.gif

I've officially given up the ghost on completing HG bronze horror runs...too much cash going into the project and distracting me from my GA projects, and not enough room to store all the damned books! I plan to hold onto some of the keys and sell the rest of the slabs in '05. Show me the money! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You know where I live, Tom! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I need 10 more issues to have all 275 Conan.

Not really that hard, but I have been lazy (read really cheap) about getting the last few.

Need 35 to have the full run of SSOC

Avengers, I'm solid from 185-340 lost interest around there. Have been filling in some of the last issues. Figured since they stopped at 402, I'd go ahead and grab them. Still need like another 30 issues in the 100's range, and like 89 out of the first 100.

2 full runs of Wolverine (but there wasn't anything to that, been buying them new since it started)

Xmen I am solid from 134-278 then I lost interest, and picked back up at 360 on up.

Probably won't fill that in for a while.

I'm starting to collect a complete run of EC's. My first title is SHOCK SUSPENSE. I'm 17 issues away from attaining my goal.

Don't start!

ECs are crack. I started with Shock Suspense. I bought one on a whim. Now I'm hocking my fillings for War Against Crime. Stay far far far away.

Well, at least until I finish MY set, anyway.

I am just starting to get some back issues for full runs, but since theres really no chance of me getting many early ASM or X-Men issues without selling my soul, I'm going with modern series' that I enjoy:

USM

UXM

Flash vol. 2

I'm shooting for complete runs on these, won't be too difficult.

I will probably also finish off my Spider-Man (1990-1998) run, have quite a few from back in the day. And I want to go back a little further on my Batman. I have 400, so I may start there for now and fill in the gap. But I'd REALLY LOVE to start that run back around 150.

Don't start!

ECs are crack. I started with Shock Suspense. I bought one on a whim. Now I'm hocking my fillings for War Against Crime. Stay far far far away.

Well, at least until I finish MY set, anyway.

They certainly are crack. I had to fracture my identity in two so that I'd never have to admit to myself what I paid for my Gaines file copy. insane.gif

I still need issues 1, 3, 4 & 6 for my X-Men run.

I haven't finished the run for two reasons. I'm lazy and I can't stop spending money on my Jeep. foreheadslap.gif

Good luck with the #6 OG, I had a tough time finding one that I liked. I'm still 7 issues out, keep getting distracted, but I will buy a #2 in the next 3 months. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

This is what I've completed during the last 3 years, almost at the end of my quest...

All series or runs are complete, except where noted

Superboy & Legion of Superheroes 200-325

LoSH v2 1 - 63

LoSH v3 1 - 50

Fantastic Four : #1 - #520 (need just 6 more issues…my main series)

Amazing Spider-man : #50 - #500

Avengers #1 to #503

Uncanny X-men #94 - #400 (just need #94)

Batman Legends of the Dark Knight #1 - #170 (complete series)

Defenders #1 - #152

Black Panther V2 #1 - #54

Marvel Team-Up #1 - #150

Iron Man #1 - #400

Spectacular Spider-man #1 - #262

Master of Kung Fu #15 - #120

Incredible Hulk : #250 - 470

Incredible Hulk V2 : #1 - #74

Doom 2099 #1 - #44

Lucifer #1 - #57

Marvel Fanfare #1 - #60

New Mutants #1 - #100

(New) x-men #1 - #145

Quasar #1 - #60

Sandman Mystery Theater #1- #60

Silver Surfer V3 #1 - #146

Thunderbolts #1 - #50

Ultimate Spider-man #1- #55

West Coast Avengers #1 - #90

Wolverine #1 - #160

X-Factor #1 - #160

This is what I've completed during the last 3 years, almost at the end of my quest...

All series or runs or complete, except where noted

Superboy & Legion of Superheroes 200-325

LoSH v2 1 - 63

LoSH v3 1 - 50

Fantastic Four : #1 - #520 (need just 6 more issues…my main series)

Amazing Spider-man : #50 - #500

Avengers #1 to #503

Uncanny X-men #94 - #400 (just need #94)

Batman Legends of the Dark Knight #1 - #170 (complete series)

Defenders #1 - #152

Black Panther V2 #1 - #54

Marvel Team-Up #1 - #150

Iron Man #1 - #400

Spectacular Spider-man #1 - #262

Master of Kung Fu #15 - #120

Incredible Hulk : #250 - 470

Incredible Hulk V2 : #1 - #74

Doom 2099 #1 - #44

Lucifer #1 - #57

Marvel Fanfare #1 - #60

New Mutants #1 - #100

(New) x-men #1 - #145

Quasar #1 - #60

Sandman Mystery Theater #1- #60

Silver Surfer V3 #1 - #146

Thunderbolts #1 - #50

Ultimate Spider-man #1- #55

West Coast Avengers #1 - #90

Wolverine #1 - #160

X-Factor #1 - #160

893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif

hail.gif

The good news for you (if you don't care about condition) is that I may have an extra #5 at home. If I do I'll send to you for cost of shipping. I'll let you know tomorrow.

hail.gif Thank you!!

I would have sworn I had an extra copy of that issue, but I was unable to find one. Sorry. sorry.gif