• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am confused! Why do people crack open their CGC graded comics?
2 2

214 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jerkfro said:
2 hours ago, VintageComics said:
3 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I have two cats as well and have never had any issues

Now that is funny. Do you see what you did there?

No, what? 

We're talking about comics being safe from animals.

But your cats have never had any [comic] issues. So your cat doesn't collect comics. :baiting:

Edited by VintageComics

13 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Not reading 10 pages. Best answer is probably to resubmit to PGX and get 3-4 grade increment bump and not worry about that restoration being detected.

I get you are new here (which is cool, welcome!), so let me gently suggest that your comment is a bit of an insult to the many fine collectors who stated in the preceding 10 pages (the ones you didn't read) that they just wanted to read and enjoy the books.  Suggesting they are fraudsters is not polite.

5 hours ago, VintageComics said:

But your cats have never had any [comic] issues. So your cat doesn't collect comics. :baiting:

True Story ………. our cat, Spooky, was pregnant and her water broke while she was laying on my high grade ASM 20 ….. luckily it was slabbed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:
5 hours ago, VintageComics said:

True Story ………. our cat, Spooky, was pregnant and her water broke while she was laying on my high grade ASM 20 ….. luckily it was slabbed.

So you're saying your cat had a single issue.

7 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I think that most people want to preserve the history of stuff from the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Ages. It makes sense to me.

You mean these things only survived by accident until the almighty CGC came along 18 years ago?   I am pretty sure the 'preserving' thing was already in hand.   Mylar bag, Microchamber paper, hard case.  You think CGC was the only people to figure this out?  Ever see how these CGC cases and books get damaged in USPS transit (there is a thread for this).   Are the cases fire proof (no).  If you submerge it in water does the back remain dry (I don't think so).    They only thing CGC figured out, was how to make millions off of collectors. 

1 hour ago, sfcityduck said:

I get you are new here (which is cool, welcome!), so let me gently suggest that your comment is a bit of an insult to the many fine collectors who stated in the preceding 10 pages (the ones you didn't read) that they just wanted to read and enjoy the books.  Suggesting they are fraudsters is not polite.

I wasn't putting anybody down. Just answering the question posted in the title and stating that i'm not going to go thru 10 pages to see what others opinions are. Nowhere do I say that other reasons are less than mine. That is your assumption. Good day.

7 hours ago, VintageComics said:
7 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I have two cats as well and have never had any issues

Now that is funny. Do you see what you did there?

No, what? 

I'm one funny mofo. Funnier than Park. Not as funny as fingh

53 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:
8 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I think that most people want to preserve the history of stuff from the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Ages. It makes sense to me.

You mean these things only survived by accident until the almighty CGC came along 18 years ago?   I am pretty sure the 'preserving' thing was already in hand.   Mylar bag, Microchamber paper, hard case.  You think CGC was the only people to figure this out?  Ever see how these CGC cases and books get damaged in USPS transit (there is a thread for this).   Are the cases fire proof (no).  If you submerge it in water does the back remain dry (I don't think so).    They only thing CGC figured out, was how to make millions off of collectors. 

Quote fail. I didn't say that

46 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:
2 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

I wasn't putting anybody down. Just answering the question posted in the title and stating that i'm not going to go thru 10 pages to see what others opinions are. Nowhere do I say that other reasons are less than mine. That is your assumption. Good day.

You have to add "sir" to the end of that. 

7 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

I'm one funny mofo. Funnier than Park. Not as funny as fingh

Fingh is a tiny, fiery cave troll.

Cave trolls aren’t funny. 

Angry. Cave trolls are angry.

Angry Fingh

Watch.

@seanfingh