• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Return, or Not to Return...That is the Question.

14 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a CGC book from a popular online auction house. When I received it, I briefly looked it over and put it away. A couple of days later, I took it out again to admire it. It was then that I noticed that a small piece of the front cover was "floating" around on the back cover inside the slab. I contacted the company and after a few emails, they offered to take the book back for a refund.

Background:

The book is an old lable CGC 7.0. In the auction scan, I noticed that a small piece was missing from the upper left top edge on the front cover. I accepted it as a defect for the grade. Other than that, there were a couple of other minor defects and the book presented well. I purchased the book for $197 (slightly lower than the recent sales I have seen for similar books) plus a buyer's fee and shipping. (I also purchased another book at the same time, so the shipping cost could be considered moot.)

Assumption:

Because the piece is floating in the case, I assume that this "defect" occurred after grading. Whether the grade is affected by this "new" defect is unknown.

My Question:

Should I (or would you) return the book and take the hit on buyer fees and return shipping or keep the book?

As requested...here's a pic.

30k68hj.jpg

293dksi.jpg

If the piece wasn't in the slab, would you be happy with the 7.0 grade? Do other 7.0 copies of the book look better to you?

If the missing piece is big enough that you think the book would no longer get a 7.0 if resubmitted, I'd send it back. If not, I'd keep it.

It would help to see the book in question if possible.

Well, since CGC did had given the grade and sealed the comic book already. the small chip must had come off inside the case sometime later.

the book looks good for the grade. I'd keep it if I was you.

If all 7.0's looked that nice, I'd collect nothing but. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ummm. I was going to say keep it. But I think I'll just +1 Jimbo's comment here. That's an attractive copy, overall looks nicer than the assigned grade. If you really aren't happy with it I think it likely you would do better selling it on the boards than returning it.

If all 7.0's looked that nice, I'd collect nothing but. GOD BLESS....

Ummm. I was going to say keep it. But I think I'll just +1 Jimbo's comment here. That's an attractive copy, overall looks nicer than the assigned grade. If you really aren't happy with it I think it likely you would do better selling it on the boards than returning it.

....definite....I'm sure he'd get 200 here easy. GOD BLESS...