• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF # 12

149 posts in this topic

Did you have a receipt or did the dealer remember you? Can you tell I'm nervous about getting my books back? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Sorry BB, I really didn't mean to pee in your cheerios! sorry.gif

Yes, I still had the receipt but in any event he definitely remembered the deal because it was fairly sizeable and up to that point I had been a pretty regular customer of his.

I didnt want to get sued for some sort of trade name infringment so I'm rolling with BleekerBob minus the C. headbang.gif

gotcha! I never noticed the c myself for yesrs but then did some work with the word Bleecker in it and have never forgotten, nor failed to notice its omission!

Thanks for the welcome Bob. I'm not sure if you will remember me, I was quite young at the time I bought books from Vinnie. He had actaully sent me a few books to my college dorm room.

Man, if you were buying high grade FF 12s while in college, you occupied a slightly different economic segment than I did when I was in college!

Thanks for the welcome Bob. I'm not sure if you will remember me, I was quite young at the time I bought books from Vinnie. He had actaully sent me a few books to my college dorm room.

Man, if you were buying high grade FF 12s while in college, you occupied a slightly different economic segment than I did when I was in college!

I was buying high grade FFs while in college. Books were a lot cheaper 20 years ago, and my expenses were JUST a little bit lower. Waiting tables in DC meant lots of cash to spend on either (1) comics or (2) booze.

I was buying high grade FFs while in college. Books were a lot cheaper 20 years ago, and my expenses were JUST a little bit lower. Waiting tables in DC meant lots of cash to spend on either (1) comics or (2) booze.

But he only bought the book 8 years ago. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Books were much cheaper back then (although of course they didn't seem that way at the time), but my income was a lot lower back then too.

It's the "or" part of "comics or booze [also substitute other things besides booze]" that always got me. After buying my fix of new books every month (this was the early 80s when the Independents were just coming on the scene and I was buying everything in sight because Chaykin, Truman, Eastman & Laird, etc. were changing the world!), what little money was left went towards pursuits other than back issues. Crazy, I know. What was I thinking?

I speculated on Valiants back in the day (I think that is what there were called) that helped to pay for a lot of my books. smile.gif

You'll be happy to know that Valiants have made a semi-comeback, with a good little core audience. I wouldn't recommend speculating heavily again on Magnus # 12s though. grin.gif