• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purchasing a Copper/Modern collection (photos now added)

144 posts in this topic

Boy, why do people get such a hard on for that? Haha, it was there that I first learned that 49 & 50 were the story. I personally have more 49's than 50. Oh well...

Disseminating false information, either intentionally or out of ignorance, and using it to make money off of others, yes why would that bother people?

Boy, why do people get such a hard on for that? Haha, it was there that I first learned that 49 & 50 were the story. I personally have more 49's than 50. Oh well...

Disseminating false information, either intentionally or out of ignorance, and using it to make money off of others, yes why would that bother people?

There's an easy fix to that: educate yourself, and no one can make money off of you using bad information.

There's an easy fix to that: educate yourself, and no one can make money off of you using bad information.

I'm not worried about others taking advantage of me. Perhaps you should pass on your words of wisdom to Chip since he was the one that brought the wrong information to the table.

I'm not worried about others taking advantage of me. Perhaps you should pass on your words of wisdom to Chip since he was the one that brought the wrong information to the table.

The "you" and "yourself" was the general form, and was not specifically referring to you, personally. We need to bring back thee and thou.

I am fairly certain, though, that Chip is capable of reading it here, n'est-ce pas...?

hm

Swamp Thing #50 - 1st Justice League Dark

Peace,

Chip

Swamp Thing 49 is the first Justice League Dark.

The market sez otherwise. It's #50.

Peace,

Chip

Seriously. "Says", you are not texting your friends.

;)

I could almost live with the text spellings (except "ur", I really hate that one) if more people around here could figure out how to use apostrophes correctly.

Peace,

Chip

Peace,

Chip

;)

I could almost live with the text spellings (except "ur", I really hate that one) if more people around here could figure out how to use apostrophes correctly.

Um, I think you mean "apostrophe's"

:baiting:

Is Constantine in that team swamp thing 50...

Peace,

Chip

Peace,

Chip

;)

Um, I think you mean "apostrophe's"

:baiting:

Perhaps you should pass on your words of wisdom to Chip since he was the one that brought the wrong information to the table.

My information wasn't wrong. I know what goes on in issue #49. The market has decided it's #50.

I can clearly see Wolverine in Hulk #180 as well. He even SEZ a few lines.

I don't have any friends to text, so I will continue to use that word here.

Peace,

Chip

Perhaps you should pass on your words of wisdom to Chip since he was the one that brought the wrong information to the table.

My information wasn't wrong. I know what goes on in issue #49. The market has decided it's #50.

I can clearly see Wolverine in Hulk #180 as well. He even SEZ a few lines.

I don't have any friends to text, so I will continue to use that word here.

Peace,

Chip

No, it is wrong. Issue 50 is the conclusion of the storyline, it can in no way be construed as the first appearance of JLD. I understand you don't want to admit you're wrong though.

The "market" hasn't decided on anything. The "market" doesn't know about 49 because both of these issues were ignored until a few months ago by everyone except people that actually were interested in reading them, and insufficiently_thoughtful_persons posted on the internet that 50 was the first appearance of the group because of the cover art.

Your comparison to Hulk 180 is an absolute failure as that book is in the whole cameo/first full appearance gray area. There is no gray area here, as the team is recruited and formed in issue 49.

Is Constantine in that team swamp thing 50...

hm John Constantine in a Swamp Thing comic? Seems unlikely.

Of course he is.

Well...only about a 1/4 of the issues between 37 and 88 feature Constantine, so....

Speaking of which...anyone know what Constantine's first ignominious cover appearance is...?

No, it is wrong. Issue 50 is the conclusion of the storyline, it can in no way be construed as the first appearance of JLD. I understand you don't want to admit you're wrong though.

The "market" hasn't decided on anything. The "market" doesn't know about 49 because both of these issues were ignored until a few months ago by everyone except people that actually were interested in reading them, and insufficiently_thoughtful_persons posted on the internet that 50 was the first appearance of the group because of the cover art.

Your comparison to Hulk 180 is an absolute failure as that book is in the whole cameo/first full appearance gray area. There is no gray area here, as the team is recruited and formed in issue 49.

Rail! Rail against the dying of the world! Rage! Rage against the dying of the light!

I already said I know what happens in issue #49. What I said was that the market has decided that #50 is the 1st appearance. It's the issue they're currently paying more for. You can gnash your teeth and curse my name all you want, it won't change things.

Get mad! Get angry! Keep posting! Get the last word in! GET IT!

Peace,

Chip

Rail! Rail against the dying of the world! Rage! Rage against the dying of the light!

I already said I know what happens in issue #49. What I said was that the market has decided that #50 is the 1st appearance. It's the issue they're currently paying more for. You can gnash your teeth and curse my name all you want, it won't change things.

Get mad! Get angry! Keep posting! Get the last word in! GET IT!

Peace,

Chip

:signfunny:

Chip is right. At least currently.

Swamp thing 50 is selling for a lot more right now. Based on wrong information or not, it's selling for more.

I think its so obvious that 49 is the 1st appearance, that it will eventually get traction and become more valuable.

Chip is just saying people are putting their money into what they believe is the first appearance, which the market is indicating is Swamp Thing # 50. Right or wrong, that's what is happening.