• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grades on my latest CGC submission

36 posts in this topic

i hope for my team contest teammate's sake, you're right, but i'm thinking a tad lower across the board.

8.5 that half-inch LRC crease and the major discoloration of the back cover.

8.0 spine has lot's of nicks, and there are tiny chips out of the ULC/LRC BC

9.2 very nice and except for the slight blunting of the LRC, can't see much else wrong, but it's a square bound (of sorts) and much newer.

a VERY LOVELY little eclectic group thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I gave higher grades for the first two because of all talk that GA books are given more slack (I tend to agree). I think discoloration and grime on a GA book is not subject to the same scrutiny given to a SA or BA book. confused-smiley-013.gif

The first two grades make sense, but I would like to know why the third is only a 9.0? Lower Right Corner probably keeps it from 9.4, but what else?

Still, nice books!!!!!!

I'm surprised by the first two grades. I guessed higher than 7.5 and 6.0.

The first two grades make sense, but I would like to know why the third is only a 9.0? Lower Right Corner probably keeps it from 9.4, but what else?

Still, nice books!!!!!!

I think that CGC was right with the 9.0. It's hard to tell, but there is very minor damage along the bottom right corner of the front cover. It extends around 2 to 3 inches in both the vertical and horizontal directions.

i hope for my team contest teammate's sake, you're right, but i'm thinking a tad lower across the board.

8.5 that half-inch LRC crease and the major discoloration of the back cover.

8.0 spine has lot's of nicks, and there are tiny chips out of the ULC/LRC BC

9.2 very nice and except for the slight blunting of the LRC, can't see much else wrong, but it's a square bound (of sorts) and much newer.

a VERY LOVELY little eclectic group thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I gave higher grades for the first two because of all talk that GA books are given more slack (I tend to agree). I think discoloration and grime on a GA book is not subject to the same scrutiny given to a SA or BA book. confused-smiley-013.gif

you may be right on that last point, but something kept these books from grading very well.

i guess i'm most surprised at the first book only getting a 7.5.(it looks very nice). the Tip Top did have a lot of spine damage, so i just blew that one. can't argue with the WW..............

again, grading from scans is tough ....... frown.gif

congrats to comic dey who had the best overall guess thumbsup2.gif