• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Studios Announces Phase 3 Lineup

539 posts in this topic

So Carol Danvers, who was Ms Marvel, is now Captain Marvel using Miracleman's old costume. hm

Yeah, makes sense.

Marvel had and will always have to have a "Captain Marvel" in the MU for trademark reasons. The movie treatment probably means that Carol Danvers will be Captain Marvel for awhile, which is good. I like Ms. Marvel, but perhaps Captain Marvel is going to be a better title for her character.

So not complaining (too much) but the one movie I still don't hear anything about is Black Widow....

Oh yeah, and when do we see Cloak & Dagger?

Black Widow will have a greater role in the Avengers films, so she won't be getting her own movie. The Hulk is another character that will not be getting a solo movie as of now.

As for Cloak & Dagger nothing has been mentioned, but that could be in the next phase down the road for all we know.

Spidey was my favorite character growing up and I think about him as being "Marvel" the way I think about Superman as being "DC." So I can't believe I'm saying this...

But I sort of don't care he isn't part of the MCU. It's awesome enough... and gets more awesome all the time. I actually don't care anymore that Spidey isn't part of it. They have me excited for the Inhumans and Dr Strange for Pete's sake.

Weird.

I am surprised there was no Spider-Man news. I was thinking this big announcement was Sony was going to allow Spider-Man to be in the Avengers movies. hm

Spidey was my favorite character growing up and I think about him as being "Marvel" the way I think about Superman as being "DC." So I can't believe I'm saying this...

But I sort of don't care he isn't part of the MCU. It's awesome enough... and gets more awesome all the time. I actually don't care anymore that Spidey isn't part of it. They have me excited for the Inhumans and Dr Strange for Pete's sake.

Weird.

I am surprised there was no Spider-Man news. I was thinking this big announcement was Sony was going to allow Spider-Man to be in the Avengers movies. hm

+1

Weird.

when asked about it he didnt deny, just said he would only talk about things that are confirmed.

THAT is a lot of creative power coming out over a few years.

May 6, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War

November 4, 2016 – Doctor Strange

May 5, 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy 2

July 28, 2017 - THOR: Ragnarok

November 3, 2017 - Black Panther

May 4, 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1

July 6, 2018 - Captain Marvel

November 2, 2018 - The Inhumans

May 3, 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2

Wow!

Interesting that in 2019 only one movie is scheduled.

I am betting there will be more.

Wow!

Not necessarily. There was only one in 2012 when it was just The Avengers.

Wow!

If I am counting correctly, Phase III has 11 movies? That's a heckuva a story. I am wondering if, either:

-- The 'Phases' have been scrapped for multiple, ongoing storylines (space-based and earth-bound based), or

-- Captain Marvel is the start of Phase IV

Here are my guesses

inhumans and vin diesel as black bolt

Cumberbatch as dr strange

Civil war movie confirmed

Black panther?

Punisher?

i only got wrong for now. however i suspect the punisher will be a tv series later on

Not necessarily. There was only one in 2012 when it was just The Avengers.

they have said it will be 3 movies a year and that they will be looking at pushing towards 4 a year.

Noting that Avengers 4 (pt 2) is in may, the other movies that year (2 or 3) will be Phase 4 movies and likely why they havent said anything about them yet.