• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Studios Announces Phase 3 Lineup

539 posts in this topic

Here is the Ragnarok storyline that I first experienced as a kid, and couldn't believe they were 'killing off' Thor.

http://www.comicvine.com/ragnarok/4045-56586/

Thor #272 - The Day the Thunder Failed!

Thor #273 - Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bridge!

Thor #274 - The Eye and the Arrow

Thor #275 - A Balance is Struck!

Thor #276 - Mine - This Hammer!

Thor #277 - Time of the Trolls!

Thor #278 - At Long Last - Ragnarok?

Fun times!

:applause:

I loved that storyline as a kid also, 274 blew me away when it came out...I recall even grabbing some library books to read more about Norse mythology. ready%20for%20launch.gif

I have the v2 80-85 run but never bothered to read it...maybe I should give it a shot. hm

Here is the Ragnarok storyline that I first experienced as a kid, and couldn't believe they were 'killing off' Thor.

http://www.comicvine.com/ragnarok/4045-56586/

Thor #272 - The Day the Thunder Failed!

Thor #273 - Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bridge!

Thor #274 - The Eye and the Arrow

Thor #275 - A Balance is Struck!

Thor #276 - Mine - This Hammer!

Thor #277 - Time of the Trolls!

Thor #278 - At Long Last - Ragnarok?

Fun times!

I loved that storyline as a kid also, 274 blew me away when it came out...I recall even grabbing some library books to read more about Norse mythology. ready%20for%20launch.gif

I have the v2 80-85 run but never bothered to read it...maybe I should give it a shot. hm

lol

Seriously, this event had the same impact on me. I went to a used book store and bought anything they had on Norse mythology.

Talk about a little story that helped build interest.

thinking more about it, i definitely agree that the modern ragnarok story will be what is told and if anything, they might fully put down thor and the asgardians.

Technically, you could have captain america dead, thor dead, both FOR REAL.

Bucky as Cap in the avengers movies, and for those that know the Infinity Guantlet story, once thanos is defeated and everything he does with it is undone

Thor, Asgard and Captain America could all be restored by the gauntlet remaking things, post thanos killing of almost everyone. It would make for compelling cinema, having the main characters actually die.

It also allows for them to fully change actors on any or all main characters they need to change after they bring everyone back to life when the infinity guantlet remakes the universe. Assuming thanos has killed almost everyone anyway.

Should be Thor out of the two. Steve needs to stick around for this

3506945-thanos-breaks-caps-shield-infinity-gauntlet-4.jpg

Should be Thor out of the two. Steve needs to stick around for this

3506945-thanos-breaks-caps-shield-infinity-gauntlet-4.jpg

they wont redo it. Already getting broken by ultron in Avengers 2, and going to Wakanda to make a new one for Cap 3 ;)

Anyone think Strange Tales 178 will spike? 1st Magus

No

Magus is the IW storyline, not IG

That being stated, ST178 is still a fav of mine ;)

I can totally see Warlock getting the IG by the end of IW pt 1 and pt 2 dealing with the Magus.

I think Thanos will get the IG at the end of IW pt 1, maybe even have killed a few people with it. IW pt. 2 will be thanos doing what he does with the glove, and the final battle to stop him.

Do you think we'll see Mar-vell or will it only be Danvers?

without question Mar-vell will appear and die. Kree are already established in both Agents and Guardians. She will have her origin story told, (altered no doubt, but basic principles there).

Do you think we'll see Mar-vell or will it only be Danvers?

without question Mar-vell will appear and die. Kree are already established in both Agents and Guardians. She will have her origin story told, (altered no doubt, but basic principles there).

+1

I think we'll see Mar-Vell, probably in the guardians movie, and a little bit in the Captain Marvel movie.

I feel like we will see Mar-vell.

I suspect he'll participate in a heroic & plot turning death.

There's plenty of room for both Danvers & Mar-vell. I prefer that she'll carry her own movie & that he play a pivotal supporting role.

I also hope we see Warlock.

Didn't someone suggest LL Cool J as Power Man?

Does LL Cool J Have A Role In A Future MARVEL Movie?

--------------------

Sometime last night, Screen Rant spotted a Twitter post from James Todd Smith, better known as LL Cool J, which indicated that the rapper-turned-actor may have a role in an upcoming Marvel movie. "I'm so ready for this role in Marvel movie," read the tweet which could very well mean he only hopes to be in a Marvel movie; maybe one of the many that Marvel Studios announced yesterday. Anyhow, Screen Rant speculates that if LL Cool J is in fact up for a part in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and not Fox's or Sony's ventures, then he could very well be playing Power Man aka Luke Cage.

--------------------

:o

Warehouse order submitted in advance.

I'm super excited about all of this and would love to see Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four come to Marvel but I doubt it will ever happen.

That said, I like the Inhuman spin but have a real concern that this will lead to a significant change in the comics, No More Mutants type change.