• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,408 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

If you knew how many other members have told me you are toxic in e-mails you would look into yourself to change why you are making them feel that way. 

You fit an easy pattern to tweak.

You can be manipulated easy.

All someone has to say is something negative about a DC movie and you will come out with a guns a blazing to fix that wrong.

That to me is weakness. You should look into getting that issue fixed.

Awwww. Did your feelings get hurt in trying to instigate? So now rather than moving on, he makes it more personal?

Move on. I've received plenty of PM's from you how people bully you on here about your love of Amazing Spider-Man 2 and other films. So let the personal attacks go.

:foryou:

Edited by Bosco685

19 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Keeping my promise.

Black Panther don't care

You should find more images to throw into this thread that bring value to the discussion. You know - for when others send you a PM how I am so easy to manipulate.

:popcorn:

11 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

If you knew how many other members have told me you are toxic in e-mails you would look into yourself to change why you are making them feel that way. 

You fit an easy pattern to tweak.

You can be manipulated easy.

All someone has to say is something negative about a DC movie and you will come out with a guns a blazing to fix that wrong.

That to me is weakness. You should look into getting that issue fixed.

Oh, and 'good guy', if people are PM'ing you how to tweak someone up...yeah. That's not the best people to be dealing with if they take pleasure in those things.

But glad you posted this so it is clear what you are about. And the people you take advice from to 'chat' on here.

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

My feelings didn't get hurt. That's the point.  I find this hilarious. Your the one that makes it personal Limpy.(tsk)

You like to be in control and have the last word.

Just because you create a bunch of threads in this forum doesn't mean it's your forum. It's our forum .

Let other members speak.

btw.

Going forward I will be creating my own threads in this forum without your approval.

You have been stirring the pot for weeks over your 'Marvel rules the world' thing like other companies can't also have movies.

Guess what? Other people DO start threads in this area. And post in them whatever they like, without someone trying to control them. But don't confuse normal discussion dialogue with instigation and attempting to maintain a hate-on for a company, production team, actor, character...

I don't own this forum. I don't moderate. But if you want to continue acting the way you do just to instigate, count on those fingers getting burned. And I am not the only one seeing this, if you want to talk about PM's.

:popcorn:

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

But that proves my point. Don't you think you shouldn't get tweaked up when someone does that to you?

I am trying to help you not hurt you. I want you to be happy instead of feeling miserable just because someone didn't like the DC movies the way you did.

They are only movies and because someone didn't like them like you than you don't have to go all ninja on them next time.

Do I appear tweaked? If anything, I am calm as can be while point clearly what you have been doing - and stating it for yourself what you are attempting. I'm far from miserable.

Drop the 'I'm trying to help you' act. You've been doing the 'DC sucks' thing for a while now. Live your own accomplishments. Don't try and live through Marvel. They are just movies and TV shows.

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Inhumans sucked. People went into the Inhumans thread and said it sucked, but did you see me getting upset about it?

No, because it's only a tv show. It's not something to start a whole out war with someone and put them on ignore.

People have stopped communicating with you in a friendly way because of your DC rants.

I honestly think you don't know about your DC rants, and I am pointing it out.

Next time when someone says they don't like BvS or Justice League don't take it that they are saying you suck. They are just saying BvS or Justice League sucks. It is nothing personal.

That's my say about it.

Again, you are the one not dropping this. Look to yourself. People have posted in DC threads about going to the movies, and not like them. Nobody attacked them for that view. It is folks like you that go on a sickly-focused on-going rant about it that then becomes an unhealthy distraction.

If you eat at a restaurant and don't enjoy the food, do you go back to that same location so you can stand in the middle of the place and yell out, "i'm the fellow that didn't enjoy the food. I just want to repeat that again"? You find a place to post your review, make it known what you think, and then go on to things you enjoy.

And like with INHUMANS, I watched the first episode and didn't like it. That didn't mean I avoided posting new news as a protest - OR continually attacked it. And repeating what a horrible production I thought it was. It's for others to form their own opinion of that show.

Edited by Bosco685

If anyone wants to look at the how powerful the PR machine that is Disney this movie clearly shows their strength to put a narrative on a movie similar to Wonder Woman (new direction in heroes, movies etc) but at another level. The hyperbole coming out of social media, online reviews is mesmerizing. 

A revolution is coming? Great! What’s next Marvel? A chance to correct past mistakes? Who’s the next hero that will be given a major movie?

surely there will be an impact like Wonder Woman where everyone is racing to to put out the next “Stong female protagonist” 

1 minute ago, paperheart said:

why argue with the dictator of this forum? the ignore function works and makes the reading much

From the fellow that repeatedly posted anything negative about Justice League in the thread - but NEVER saw the movie.

Yeah. I'm the cuckoo. lol

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

‘Black Panther’ Poised To Slash ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ 4-Day Haul With $216M

By the time the four-day President’s Day holiday stretch ends, Black Panther will have surpassed many of Marvel’s mightiest on the all-time domestic B.O. openers chart. Black Panther is now looking at the 6th best opening of all-time on a 3-day-basis with an estimated $187.6M per industry projections and a mind-blowing $216M over four days.

How much do moviegoers love Black Panther? The Ryan Coogler-directed movie earned an A+ CinemaScore tonight, Marvel’s second after 2012’s The Avengers. 

On the 3-day all-time chart, Black Panther is just above Captain America: Civil War ($179.1M). Back in January Fandango reported that out of the gate in its first 24 hours, Black Panther outstripped the advance tickets sales of Civil War, however, analysts didn’t rush to comp the Wakanda superhero to Marvel’s other titles. They just couldn’t believe at the time how massive this was going to be. While Black Panther is under Avengers: Age of Ultron on the 3-day all-time openers list  ($191.2M), the pic is beating the sequel’s four-day run ($204.4M). Black Panther has already left Disney’s Beauty and the Beast ($174.7M) and WB/DC’s Batman v. Superman ($166M) in the dust to become the biggest pre-summer opener of all-time.

Black Panther is now at $76.6M for Friday. Thursday’s previews of $25.2M rep 33% of Friday’s ticket sales. Similar to a Star Wars title, Black Panther was a big pre-planned event for many this weekend, with Fandango advance ticket sales driving 36% of Thursday’s preview figure or $9M. 

This is all sounding massively successful.

This got lost in the noise. But the prediction is now $216M.

That's hilarious.

Like all movies, this one will have its fans and its naysayers, but with only 5 'blah' reviews on RT, I think it's hard to say it won't be a well-made, well-acted, and well-directed film.  What caught my eye, though, is what appears to be the manipulation of the Rotten Tomatoes 'audience score' -- 74%?  Huh? -- compared to everything I'm hearing, that number sounds like another petty, sour grapes internet campaign.  Man, people really have nothing better to do?

Seeing the film in two hours!  Looking forward to super-hero goodness.

Dan