• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,408 posts in this topic

Travis Scott Rented Out Two Movie Theaters For Kids To Watch 'Black Panther'

Hit rapper Travis Scott rented two theaters for kids to see Marvel Studios' Black Panther on its opening weekend.

The screenings were held at the AMC Fountains 18 theater in Stafford, Texas, Saturday afternoon. Scott is included on Black Panther: The Album, featuring on Kendrick Lamar's "Big Shot."

Rapper and actor T.I., part of the Marvel family for his work on the Ant-Man franchise, teamed up with Walmart for a free Black Panther screening hosted in Atlanta.

Wimbledon winner Serena Williams and Top Dawg Entertainment also helped young fans and their families see Black Panther, partnering with theaters for their own separate screenings. Academy Award winner Octavia Spencer pledged to buy out a Mississippi theater "in an underserved community there to ensure that all our brown children can see themselves as a superhero."

That's a lot of super good will going on so kids can enjoy this movie.

:applause:

Edited by Bosco685

‘Black Panther’ Rips Apart Box Office Records: 3-Day Opening Rises To $194M+; 4-Day At $223M+

Disney/Marvel’s Black Panther is even more ferocious than ever imagined. Late night estimates (not from Disney) indicate that T’Challa is headed to $194M over three-days after a super Saturday night between $66.8M-$68M which is only 11% down from Friday on the high-end. Also if you back out $25.2M Thursday previews from Friday’s $76.4M, Saturday’s business is still technically +33%. 

So that means business for Black Panther wasn’t front-loaded. Four-day figures remain a wild forecast for many analysts: They’re certain that Black Panther is expected to clear $220M, but he could fly as high as $230M. Projections at this minute are averaging around $223M.

Over  three-days, Black Panther now beats Avengers: Age of  Ultron‘s 3-day number of $191.2M for the fifth best opening of all-time behind Avengers ($207.4M). On a four-day basis, it will also beat Ultron ($204.4M), but it might kick Avengers 4-day haul as well ($226.3M). It’s summer box office records during the second month of the year. Ryan Coogler went up to his hometown of Oakland on Thursday night to surprise Black Panther fans at previews while Chadwick Boseman, Coogler, Marvel boss Kevin Feige, EP Louis D’Esposito and the Marvel gang surprised fans at the Cinemark LA and other theaters in town on Friday night.

Incredible!

18 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

It's insane to me that this film will essentially match in a weekend the entire domestic runs of the first Captain America and Thor films.

I read a few articles where this is tracking higher right now than Last Jedi in some places. I don't know if that will continue, but this has to be the biggest surprise since Deadpool. I don't think anyone thought it be this big. I think the consensus was Doctor Strange numbers. So I guess we will know more in a few weeks were it's on track to land.

8 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I read a few articles where this is tracking higher right now than Last Jedi in some places. I don't know if that will continue, but this has to be the biggest surprise since Deadpool. I don't think anyone thought it be this big. I think the consensus was Doctor Strange numbers. So I guess we will know more in a few weeks were it's on track to land.

If China kicks in a typical MCU $100MMish (complete krapshoot), think Carl Sagan (or singular B word anyway). Wakanda Forever.

Edited by paperheart

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Is this a movie with repeat viewings? I find it interesting that many of the marvel fans from the boards who usually see their movies (big distinction) haven’t posted their comments or reviews 

I thought it was a very good and important film but don't plan to see it twice.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Is this a movie with repeat viewings? I find it interesting that many of the marvel fans from the boards who usually see their movies (big distinction) haven’t posted their comments or reviews 

I usually see MCU movies (exception IM 3) twice in the theatre but not this time.

Is this scene from Black Panther or the Infinity War trailer?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Got my answer. This was in the Infinity War Superbowl Trailer. Cool scene.

Edited by Bosco685
Mystery solved!

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

what time?

10:30 pm auditorium 13

its my favorite imax theater, and while a tad overpriced I refuse to watch movies anywhere else after sitting in that theater 

also Sunday night is perfect since theres plenty of parking in the area and great eats ;)

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Travis Scott Rented Out Two Movie Theaters For Kids To Watch 'Black Panther'

That's a lot of super good will going on so kids can enjoy this movie.

:applause:

Imagine if that passion will cross over to the comic? If those celebrities were aware of the importance of the book in pop culture I'm willing to bet you'd see an incredible demand with some of BP books as well as increased sales with current runs