• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how much should I pay for a coverless Incredible Hulk #1 Update

71 posts in this topic

How much would I expect to pay for a coverless copy of Hulk #1

it's complete

no restoration

no tape

no pen or pencil marks

only problem is a one inch tear through the spine

thoughts?

Update: The seller offered me a price of 1050 for it, I think it's a good deal as gpa is 1500 at the lowest and 2500 as the highest

Not sure how a graded .5 key compares to a raw. I suspect there isn't much of a price difference between the two but the $900 was for a slabbed copy. With that being said, since you're looking to turn it into a profit, you need leave some meat as you know. I like gadzukes lower end of the estimate of $600.

it's complete

no restoration

no tape

no pen or pencil marks

thoughts?

Can I ask you why you're focusing so much on low grade and incomplete books?.

Not sure how a graded .5 key compares to a raw. I suspect there isn't much of a price difference between the two but the $900 was for a slabbed copy. With that being said, since you're looking to turn it into a profit, you need leave some meat as you know. I like gadzukes lower end of the estimate of $600.

me too

it's complete

no restoration

no tape

no pen or pencil marks

thoughts?

I buy low grade and incomplete comics because it's what I can afford and sell them for a profit :)

I personally would want to pay $500 or less

I bought one years ago for around $200 and took the centerfold and married it to a copy I had. Then I sold the coverless missing centerfold for $150...numbers may be off a little

I bought one years ago for around $200 and took the centerfold and married it to a copy I had. Then I sold the coverless missing centerfold for $150...numbers may be off a little

so you thing if I would buy it at 1050 I wouldn't make a profit on it? or do you buy low just in case something is wrong with the comic?

so you thing if I would buy it at 1050 I wouldn't make a profit on it? or do you buy low just in case something is wrong with the comic?

Just so you know, the GPA price that you quoted in your first message is NOT for a coverless book. If you look at GPA, you have to be careful which "0.5" section you are looking at. There is a "0.5 incomplete" and there is also a "0.5 COVERLESS" a few rows below that. It's helpful to click on the CGC label number also and read exactly what was missing from the book on CGC's site, since "incomplete" can vary so much.

It's probably worth in the $750-1,000 range depending on how nice it presents.

Why not look for a short box of SA/BA you could get for the same money?

Figure you pay-5-10 each, then sell them for 15-30 each.

Betting the farm on one book with a problem is not a good place to start in this hobby.

Or better yet buy a short box of BA for maybe 100-200, and sell them for 5-10 each.

Work within your means and gain experience in grading and sales.

my .02

TF

Let me get this straight you want to buy a cover less Hulk #1 for 1050.00? Why not save a little bit of dough and find a presentable copy? I don't think your looking rationally.

Let me get this straight you want to buy a cover less Hulk #1 for 1050.00? Why not save a little bit of dough and find a presentable copy? I don't think your looking rationally.

One of the sweetest blue .5's is in the marketplace for $2500. That's the route I'd go if I could scrounge up the dough.

it's complete

no restoration

no tape

no pen or pencil marks

thoughts?

I buy low grade and incomplete comics because it's what I can afford and sell them for a profit :)

But couldn't you spend that same money on nice copies of cheaper books? It's just a curious niche to be in.

Why not look for a short box of SA/BA you could get for the same money?

Figure you pay-5-10 each, then sell them for 15-30 each.

Betting the farm on one book with a problem is not a good place to start in this hobby.

Or better yet buy a short box of BA for maybe 100-200, and sell them for 5-10 each.

Work within your means and gain experience in grading and sales.

my .02

TF

This!

Generally, the best money you can spend in comics is on the highest quality material you can afford.