• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars returns to Marvel Comics

709 posts in this topic

Ross color variant is on the rise. Sold out everywhere and hitting $50 on ebay.

Def looks like the leader of the pack, last night at midtown's signing almost everyone wanted that book signed, I think they ran out too

Yep it's sold out at Midtown and all other places online(GC, TFAW).

is the Ross cover sitting on shelves? That's actually one of the few sold out at Midtown...

I cant remember, but it wouldn't matter at my LCS because they automatically charge $25+ for variants. I am quite sure the Ross would be higher if its still there.

The glut in the market should hit in a couple of weeks. Then it should tell us if we have ASM 700 style amounts or something else more.

Our stores have TONS of copies. I mean, a whole lot.

I'm guessing they intentionally bought an absurd amount.

The condition of the regular covers was quite poor.

And I agree, a ton of bad variants.

Patrick

I bought that ASM 129 swipe variant and that's it. I've been home sick and haven't made it to the shop yet. I will say it was far better than expected and Cassaday's art was very good. As a long time Dark Horse fan, I was pretty skeptical when the license went back to Marvel.

Here is a weekly article Bleeding Cool puts out regarding sales from the past week.

Some cool stories down below, where comic shops talk about all the new faces they saw last week just because of this book.

I think it is awesome.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/18/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-18th-january-2015-guesses/

Our stores have TONS of copies. I mean, a whole lot.

I'm guessing they intentionally bought an absurd amount.

The condition of the regular covers was quite poor.

And I agree, a ton of bad variants.

Patrick

my LCS ordered a ton so they could get the variants. I have a feeling I will be seeing these books forever just like the Death of Wolverine stacks.

I wonder how long they keep this book going. Is the plan to complete the story up to the new movie?

you'll probably see some of them eventually sell out at stores with a glut...I think the regular 1, action figure variant will eventually be hard to come by. Ross is selling pretty steady at $50.

Now that Disney is involved, I see this comic being milked as long as people keep buying it.