• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

What about the people who hated it because they thought it sucked?

I would assume that's the reason for most people who hated it, not because they're Marvel shills.

Hating something because you thought it genuinely sucked is truly the most noble form of hatred :cloud9:

Should be the only form. Opinion carries too much gravitas these days. Which is astounding when you take the thought to a conclusion

Indeed.

I would assume that's the reason for most people who hated it, not because they're Marvel shills.

Hating something because you thought it genuinely sucked is truly the most noble form of hatred :cloud9:

What about the people who are just getting tired of super hero movies?

It's bound to happen considering it's everywhere on TV, streaming, movies...

Surely, those people don't exist...

What about the people who are just getting tired of super hero movies?

It's bound to happen considering it's everywhere on TV, streaming, movies...

We shall sponsor the Twilight Franchise Channel for them, which will be run 24 x 7.

But seriously, if TV and movie productions focus also on the non-superhero stories, they will find the depth and breadth to be entertaining for many.

- Grimjack

- Rocketeer

- The Shadow

- Jon Sable

There are so many characters and stories to focus on.

I think they're coming...Strain, Outcast, Preacher, and some of the other 'optioned' stuff has to make its way to some of the screens.

I think the short series is the way to go, maybe someone should try the British style like Sherlock where its like three 1.5 hour shows to tell one story arc. I think that would suit a V for Vendetta or a Wicked and Divine or Thief of Thieves.

And something should def be done for Saga, maybe something premium/prestige, 10-12 eps on Hbo/Netflix

tumblr_o3edj7MTd41rciawbo1_500.gif

Useless things I'm excited about in this movie

1. Vision's sweater game

2. Scarlet Witch digging Vision's sweater game.

3. Pushing Sharon Carter as a love interest while acknowledging she's related to Peggy Carter (not because I like that sort of thing, I just want to see if they can do it without it being weird).

4. Funny Ant-Man stuff.

5. Whatever Hulk is doing in the credits

Everything I'm reading points to Hulk not being in the credits, after being cut early on... Where are you hearing this? hm

I think they're coming...Strain, Outcast, Preacher, and some of the other 'optioned' stuff has to make its way to some of the screens.

I think the short series is the way to go, maybe someone should try the British style like Sherlock where its like three 1.5 hour shows to tell one story arc. I think that would suit a V for Vendetta or a Wicked and Divine or Thief of Thieves.

And something should def be done for Saga, maybe something premium/prestige, 10-12 eps on Hbo/Netflix

You are so right.

And we have the Dark Horse productions for TV such as Concrete, Umbrella Academy and several others.

:whee:

tumblr_o3edj7MTd41rciawbo1_500.gif

Useless things I'm excited about in this movie

1. Vision's sweater game

2. Scarlet Witch digging Vision's sweater game.

3. Pushing Sharon Carter as a love interest while acknowledging she's related to Peggy Carter (not because I like that sort of thing, I just want to see if they can do it without it being weird).

4. Funny Ant-Man stuff.

5. Whatever Hulk is doing in the credits

Everything I'm reading points to Hulk not being in the credits, after being cut early on... Where are you hearing this? hm

I've heard NOTHING, extrapolating and eliminating, and mostly hoping.

That came up a few days ago. No Hulk appearance in the movie, nor post-credit scenes.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR - Will Hulk Appear?

Sorry, Marvelites; Bruce Banner will not hulk out in Captain America: Civil War.

Despite rumors to the contrary, neither Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) nor Thor (Chris Hemsworth) will get the chance to weigh in on the Sokovia Accords. The events of The Avengers: Age of Ultron sent the God of Thunder back to Asgard while leaving Hulk's fate up in the air. There's a time and a place to discuss Banner's disappearance, and Civil War does not fit the bill.

"Mark Ruffalo shot no scenes. We talked about having Bruce Banner at the very end of the film, and it just, again, seemed like we're sticking people in just to stick them in," writer Christopher Markus told Huffpost Entertainment. "He has clearly gone somewhere at the end of Ultron, and that's a story. Don't blow it off and put it in a little tiny chunk just to put in a little extra filigree on our movie. That's a story."

They give a pass because enough goodwill has been created. I don't buy that. I'm still amazed at the pass AOU got from the boards.

Cuz it was brilliant? :shrug:

Of course I know I like my superheroes different than anybody else...I'd pay money to watch a superhero movie without a single punch being thrown or a single explosion :cloud9:

Jim

Should be the only form. Opinion carries too much gravitas these days. Which is astounding when you take the thought to a conclusion

That is why there are probably a bunch of closet Rob Liefeld fans. They love him, but need to bash him online because of the online "consensus" being his art stinks.

Same is probably true for the Star Wars Prequels too. (thumbs u

They give a pass because enough goodwill has been created. I don't buy that. I'm still amazed at the pass AOU got from the boards.

Cuz it was brilliant? :shrug:

Of course I know I like my superheroes different than anybody else...I'd pay money to watch a superhero movie without a single punch being thrown or a single explosion :cloud9:

Jim

I'm with you. The fights and explosions were never what primarily attracted me.

You are so right.

And we have the Dark Horse productions for TV such as Concrete, Umbrella Academy and several others.

:whee:

Dark Horse has huge potential I feel

That came up a few days ago. No Hulk appearance in the movie, nor post-credit scenes.

Sorry, Marvelites; Bruce Banner will not hulk out in Captain America: Civil War.

Despite rumors to the contrary, neither Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) nor Thor (Chris Hemsworth) will get the chance to weigh in on the Sokovia Accords. The events of The Avengers: Age of Ultron sent the God of Thunder back to Asgard while leaving Hulk's fate up in the air. There's a time and a place to discuss Banner's disappearance, and Civil War does not fit the bill.

"Mark Ruffalo shot no scenes. We talked about having Bruce Banner at the very end of the film, and it just, again, seemed like we're sticking people in just to stick them in," writer Christopher Markus told Huffpost Entertainment. "He has clearly gone somewhere at the end of Ultron, and that's a story. Don't blow it off and put it in a little tiny chunk just to put in a little extra filigree on our movie. That's a story."

See? I've been saying this since I started taking an interest in the movies. INTEGRITY will always will out.

Put characters in a movie just because you think they are cool and will draw people? FAIL

This is the sole reason I think AoA is going to be a huge fail. They didn't set it up, they throw in characters to make up for a lack of substance. They've noticed the large flaw and trying to cover it up with "viral" marketing, which has proven over and over to suck. It's sad. Just hope someone comes along and picks up the pieces and starts again.

Kudos to the studio sticking to the big picture.

See? I've been saying this since I started taking an interest in the movies. INTEGRITY will always will out.

Put characters in a movie just because you think they are cool and will draw people? FAIL

This is the sole reason I think AoA is going to be a huge fail. They didn't set it up, they throw in characters to make up for a lack of substance. They've noticed the large flaw and trying to cover it up with "viral" marketing, which has proven over and over to suck. It's sad. Just hope someone comes along and picks up the pieces and starts again.

AoA?

I just want them to setup Tony Stark and Steve Rogers as friends in this movie. Up to this point, they have not been. If anything, they are more like co-workers who do not like each other. But in the comic, they were good friends. Them being friends will have more of an impact when they take opposite sides in the superhero registration act.

AoA?

I just want them to setup Tony Stark and Steve Rogers as friends in this movie. Up to this point, they have not been. If anything, they are more like co-workers who do not like each other. But in the comic, they were good friends. Them being friends will have more of an impact when they take opposite sides in the superhero registration act.

In the trailer when Stark says "I thought we were friends?" gets me every time. In fact, the Civil War trailers have beats that pull at my heartstrings (damn you MCU lol ). Hopefully I'm not a middle aged blubbering mess at the end of this.