• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little moral dilemma...how to fill a spinner rack???

34 posts in this topic

I always thought a cool idea for a spinner rack would be to fill it with titles from my birth month...

This is what I planned to do several years ago, but I haven't located a spinner rack yet! :sumo:

Peace,

Chip

Same thing here, December 73 looks to be an easy month to fill but racks are harder to find.

I always thought a cool idea for a spinner rack would be to fill it with titles from my birth month...

This is what I planned to do several years ago, but I haven't located a spinner rack yet! :sumo:

Peace,

Chip

Same thing here, December 73 looks to be an easy month to fill but racks are harder to find.

Yeah, those were gone to the landfills or metal recycle locations.

I would like to have one but I have two kids will play with it for hours.

Seems a shame to put nice books like that in the spinner without any bags/boards to protect them.

Bags/boards are not permitted on a vintage spinner rack (tsk)

Let 'em ride Jim

Let the comics be comics. :headbang:

+1

They're comic books, meant to be handled, read, and fawned over.

I filled mine with book titles that I love (Kirby Thors), but the copies are lower grade that I don't care if they get dinged or some sun fade.

DSCN3946.jpg

DSCN4725_zpse363603b.jpg

:cool: dang that's awesome!! :takeit:

I like that your bass photobombed the comics. You have great taste in hobbies!

Thanks Surgeon. I put aside the bass a few years ago to learn to play electric six string blues. The good news is, I 'm getting better

Okay I took the plunge this weekend on Beyonders and Bob's advice that they are "only" books and are meant to be enjoyed. The rack is now full with 300 books from my childhood :cloud9:

null_zps073934e4.jpg

null_zps2399cf17.jpg

null_zps4df8339a.jpg

Jim

Awesome!'

I just noticed you have one of the versions with the pockets for the digests.

If you ever want to get rid of it, or replace it with one without, let me know. I've got three of the 5 row versions without the digest pockets.