• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TALES OF SUSPENSE 39 NICEST CGC 1.5 OW/W >>SOLD!

23 posts in this topic

REAL NICE LOOK! Partial split spine knocks it down. No tape...staples are attached.

Insurance and shipping included in USA>

I read here that there was a 1.0 that went for $2K...no idea if true.

There is a 1.8 up now on ebay...this book is far superior! What was the grader thinking??! Check it out...

First :takeit: gets it! SOLD!

IMG_5583_zps55ad3a59.jpg

IMG_5584_zpsd05cd1f3.jpg

IMG_5585_zps7cf77b01.jpg

Feel free to add the grader's notes.

Both staples are attached at front cover not back. At least 50% of the cover is split. No writing, stains or tears or pieces missing inside, as not mentioned. Only light creases and no sub. crease (most at bottom right corner) with some minor tears for the grade. Back cover nicer than front condition wise. No Marvel chipping either.

I think this book "raw" may sell better or perhaps even spine repaired with tape might grade higher to most and I am considering. 1.5 way too low a grade for this book which has great eye appeal without the usual defects that a 1.5 usually portrays and colors are nice too, not faded. And remember OW/W too!

Thanks.

Hope to pick up FF#52 with my 52nd post and Journey Into Mystery #83 with my 83rd post. :)

I'm excited to be a part of this community. Buying and selling great books with great guys and gals is fun.

Agreed.

Grader notes were:

Bottom Spine Large Spine Split

Bottom Staple Back Cover Detached

Right Bottom Front Cover Small Piece Out

Top Staple Back Cover Detached

So basically, indicating the back cover is detached.

Still, would seem a 1.5 is a bit harsh. But maybe not.

The scans look GREAT.