• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P. Craig Russel returns with Conan and the Jewels of Gwahlur this April

9 posts in this topic

Conan and the Jewels of Gwahlur is a three-issue mini-series written and drawn by acclaimed artist P. Craig Russell.

It's scheduled to start on April 6 from Dark Horse Comics.

10594.jpg

Conan and the Jewels of Gwahlur

By: P. Craig Russell

Cover Artist: P. Craig Russell

Colorist: Lovern Kindzierski

Genre: Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Classic

Plot: She's made a string of bad choices, and now a young woman has let herself become the pawn of mercenaries-and one of those mercenaries is Conan of Cimmeria. As the former dancing girl poses as the dead oracle of a primitive cult, Conan puts his military and thieving experience together in one of his last adventures before becoming King.

P. Craig Russell, the award-winning artist who's made his reputation adapting literature to comics, takes the greatest hero to ever make the leap from books to comics in this dazzling adaptation. With stories like The Jewels of Gwahlur, Robert E. Howard invented the genre of sword and sorcery fiction, and no matter how many times the master has been imitated, stories like this one have not been surpassed.

• P. Craig Russell, Eisner Award-winner, is known for tales like Elric: Stormbringer and Ring of the Nibelung and his collaboration with Neil Gaiman on Murder Mysteries.

• Jewels of Gwahlur is a direct adaptation of a Howard Conan story.

Pub. Date: April 06, 2005

Format: Full color, 32 pages, 1 (of 3)

Price: $2.99

10594.jpg

I keep looking at the art and trying to decide what looks different about it.

I guess it is the coloring job. I'm so used to PCR in black & white(or the washed out look like in the Elric books)...the vibrant colors create an entirely different look...and not in a bad way. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, I did a double-take when I first saw it too. It's definitely PCR, but you have to look closer than usual at it to figure that out.

Yeah, you can see his detailed style in the individual leaves and the horse's mane.

I think the confusing part is Conan's square jaw. I didn't know that PCR would draw something other than angular faces. 27_laughing.gif

Conan and the Jewels of Gwahlur is a three-issue mini-series written and drawn by acclaimed artist P. Craig Russell.

It's scheduled to start on April 6 from Dark Horse Comics.

10594.jpg

Conan and the Jewels of Gwahlur

By: P. Craig Russell

Cover Artist: P. Craig Russell

Colorist: Lovern Kindzierski

Genre: Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Classic

Plot: She's made a string of bad choices, and now a young woman has let herself become the pawn of mercenaries-and one of those mercenaries is Conan of Cimmeria. As the former dancing girl poses as the dead oracle of a primitive cult, Conan puts his military and thieving experience together in one of his last adventures before becoming King.

P. Craig Russell, the award-winning artist who's made his reputation adapting literature to comics, takes the greatest hero to ever make the leap from books to comics in this dazzling adaptation. With stories like The Jewels of Gwahlur, Robert E. Howard invented the genre of sword and sorcery fiction, and no matter how many times the master has been imitated, stories like this one have not been surpassed.

• P. Craig Russell, Eisner Award-winner, is known for tales like Elric: Stormbringer and Ring of the Nibelung and his collaboration with Neil Gaiman on Murder Mysteries.

• Jewels of Gwahlur is a direct adaptation of a Howard Conan story.

Pub. Date: April 06, 2005

Format: Full color, 32 pages, 1 (of 3)

Price: $2.99

takeit.gif