• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonder Woman official movie thread (6/23/17)
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

Wonder Woman Steals Her Weapon In Brand New Movie Photo

lm0d4rE.jpg

Wonder Woman is gearing up for an April 2017 release, and EW has just unvieled a brand new photo from the upcoming movie. Gal Gadot, who portrays Wonder Woman in the film, is seen stealing her famed "godkiller" sword from the Themyscira armory.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Wonder Woman is going against everything she knows to take the weapon.

"There is a point in any good origin story where the hero has to make the decision to step out on her own, forge her own path, and fight for what’s right. For Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), her moment comes when she disobeys her mother, Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen); breaks into the heavily guarded armory on her idyllic all-female island of Themyscira; and — as seen in the exclusive image above — steals the Amazon’s mythical sword, the “god killer,” before heading to Europe to help save humanity."

lm0d4rE.jpg

Wonder Woman is gearing up for an April 2017 release, and EW has just unvieled a brand new photo from the upcoming movie. Gal Gadot, who portrays Wonder Woman in the film, is seen stealing her famed "godkiller" sword from the Themyscira armory.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Wonder Woman is going against everything she knows to take the weapon.

"There is a point in any good origin story where the hero has to make the decision to step out on her own, forge her own path, and fight for what’s right. For Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), her moment comes when she disobeys her mother, Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen); breaks into the heavily guarded armory on her idyllic all-female island of Themyscira; and — as seen in the exclusive image above — steals the Amazon’s mythical sword, the “god killer,” before heading to Europe to help save humanity."

Looks good (thumbs u

Lynda Carter Expresses Her Opinions About Critics of Wonder Woman

LXpJvGF.png

During a Q& A Carter expressed her thoughts about how Wonder Woman should be viewed saying:

“What I find interesting is that they didn’t look at the larger picture. I agree that the issue of gender equality is much larger than any character is, and I understand that a comic book character should not be representative of something that is that important. I agree with that. What I disagree with is this idea about Wonder Woman. She’s an iconic defender, she’s archetypal. It’s the ultimate sexist thing to say that’s all you can see, when you think about Wonder Woman, all you can think about is a sex object.”

Carter also criticized the focus on Wonder Woman’s attire as well as the notion that she is not representative of a diverse culture stating:

“Yeah, so? Superman had a skintight outfit that showed every little ripple, didn’t he? Doesn’t he have a great big bulge in his crotch? Hello! So why don’t they complain about that? And who says Wonder Woman is “white”? I’m half-Mexican. Gal Gadot is Israeli. The character is an Amazonian princess, not “American.” They’re trying to put her in a box, and she’s not in a box.”

lm0d4rE.jpg

Looks good (thumbs u

sure does look good!

lm0d4rE.jpg

Looks good (thumbs u

sure does look good!

She can handle my sword any day!!!! :)

Why Wonder Woman Is Set During World War I, According To Patty Jenkins

AP8WeJm.jpg

According to director Patty Jenkins, the reason for the World War I setting is to provide a contrast between the way Diana grew up seeing the world and how outside society really was during this era. Jenkins explained:

"My approach was to focus on telling the story of mechanized war and how that would look to a god visiting our world for the first time. I wanted the audience to understand the horrors that a war on this scale makes possible and how shocking that would be to someone who comes with a strong sense of honor and justice. She doesn't realize yet just how senselessly dark the world can be."

Empire talked with Patty Jenkins about the World War I setting, where she laid out how since the movie will show Diana's first time venturing into the outside world, it was important to place her in an environment where she would see firsthand the horrors that humanity is capable of. Since World War I was the first of its kind, that was the best setting to shock Diana in Wonder Woman, who grew up on Themyscira among female warriors, but has only ever known living in a peaceful society until now.

Wonder Woman Villain Confirmed, New Images Released

NSpsJd1.png

KcP7YMb.png

dX7F30a.png

Yes, Ares fans, that's right. It looks like the character will be the villain of the blockbusting movie.

Recently, the French publication Studio Ciné Live did a feature on Wonder Woman and divulged details about the movie that fans have been waiting to hear. In particularly, the magazine apparently confirmed that Ares would be Wonder Woman’s adversary in the movie, and Les Toiles Héroïques translated the feature’s description for English-speaking fans. You can check it out below:

“Behind these scientific formulas, there is a deadly gas that could well annihilate humanity. Now, it turns out that this is precisely the goal of Ares, the god of war. He is jealous of humanity, which is a creation of his father, the deceased Zeus (he was killed by Ares when he rebelled against him, with the help of the Amazons)…”

Aside from the Ares revelation, the magazine also spoke with Chris Pine about his role, and the actor shared some new plot points along the way. Pine explained, “I play a pilot who works for the Allies and spies on the Germans without their knowledge. My character steals a notebook filled with scientific formulas in an Ottoman base, he steals a plane but is shot down in the open sea.”

We Know Who Is Playing Ares In WONDER WOMAN And It's Not Who You Expected

thewlis.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

Ares' role in Wonder Woman has been rumoured for a while now, but it was recently confirmed thanks to both a magazine feature and some upcoming action figures. So far, most of us have assumed that X-Men Origins: Wolverine baddie Danny Huston would be revealed as that character, but it appears as if Warner Bros. has been playing a game of misdirection! 

Test screenings for the movie took place yesterday, and while it's not clear if this information hails from those, Batman-News reports that multiple sources have told them Harry Potter star David Thewlis will, in fact, be revealed as Ares, a character who is the main villain in Wonder Woman and a mixture of CGI and practical effects.

:banana:

A great choice if accurate!